Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro as an alarm system

gusqua

Question

I would like to use Fibaro as an alarm system. I have a house with a garden. in the garden I have motion sensors and Netatmo Prescence cameras that detect if it is a person and send an event. Then my house has 6 accesses where I have an opening sensor in each one and in some motion detectors.
My idea is to make two zones. One that activates the internal zone only (the doors with opening and / or movement sensors) and the outer part, I understand that integrating the presence cameras to avoid false alarms.

To activate or deactivate it, I would like to do it with a scene or a virtual device, where they will also indicate when I set the alarm that all the devices are fine.

If the alarm is activated what I would like is to receive a push message on the smartphones with an option to turn it off or delay the shot and if after minutes you do not receive anything that starts to turn on the lights, LEDs and sirens that I have in Fibaro Alarm panel.

Has anyone seen or seen something like this in the forum?

What do you think? Is it reliable?

It is also important that it be simple so that everyone who lives at home can activate and deactivate it.

Many Thbaks

You can find 3 most important scenes below (AlarmAway, disarming and Alarmcheck).

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• Like 3

@gusqua, It is possible. I did it. And it's rock stable. In the last 2 years, I only had 2 false alarms.
High level, 2 different zones are armed. One during night and presence. One for not being present at the house.
Activate the one for not being present with alarm keypad. Activation starts but only alarmed after some minutes. With notification and scripts that check if the house is really armed.
Coming home gives you time to enter the house with a small sound notification. Disarm the alarm with alarm panel.
Arming while at house is a little different. The house (doors) are armed and disarmed by turning on and off a switch.

At activating the alarm, also the camera's are armed. If motion is detected outside and the alarm is not disarmed within 2 minutes, a separate notification is send and pictures are taken.
Offcourse, if there is a breach, alarm will sound and pictures will be taken as well as good quality video is recorded (next to the video recorded continously on with lower quality).

Also checks run in between to validate if the camera's are still armed and still responding.

If you ask me, but apperently I'm a lucky one with stable HC's, the others have 1 point right. If you start with it, you need to think first. Being able to code, or change code, and it will become a hobby to finetune and extend step by step.
You also need to have good test scenario's yourself. Don't assume if you change something, it will work. Don't assume it's an out of the box solution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is doable to make a burglar alarm system out of z-wave devices and cameras. However, the Fibaro Homecenter is just too unstable to be a real alarm system. I would go for a certified system and use the Homecenter as an add on - not depending on it to really scare burglars away or even send you a notification.

The firmware is just too unfinished and with too many errors. Furthermore, only simple (read old) ip-cameras are supported.

Yes. You can do it. With the pervious firmware it may work. You will need a really long and deep test phase.

I do not think, using the Fibaro Alarm panel is a good solution. When I last try, it was horrible.

With a lot of LUA code and some global variable you can do it.

HC2 is unstable with a lot of firmware version. Yes with the newest too...

If you can find a version, what is working with your devices and code, that can work.

The more stabile and reliable solution is the certified bulgar alarm system. (eg: DSC, Satel)

• Inquirer
  • 14 hours ago, wpeeters said:

@gusqua, It is possible. I did it. And it's rock stable. In the last 2 years, I only had 2 false alarms.
    High level, 2 different zones are armed. One during night and presence. One for not being present at the house.
    Activate the one for not being present with alarm keypad. Activation starts but only alarmed after some minutes. With notification and scripts that check if the house is really armed.
    Coming home gives you time to enter the house with a small sound notification. Disarm the alarm with alarm panel.
    Arming while at house is a little different. The house (doors) are armed and disarmed by turning on and off a switch.

At activating the alarm, also the camera's are armed. If motion is detected outside and the alarm is not disarmed within 2 minutes, a separate notification is send and pictures are taken.
    Offcourse, if there is a breach, alarm will sound and pictures will be taken as well as good quality video is recorded (next to the video recorded continously on with lower quality).

Also checks run in between to validate if the camera's are still armed and still responding.

If you ask me, but apperently I'm a lucky one with stable HC's, the others have 1 point right. If you start with it, you need to think first. Being able to code, or change code, and it will become a hobby to finetune and extend step by step.
    You also need to have good test scenario's yourself. Don't assume if you change something, it will work. Don't assume it's an out of the box solution.

@wpeetersWow! This it I would like to implement!!!. I have my HC2 since 2012 and do not have many problems. Did you have published the code? or you can help me a little with the scheme of the installation you have made. What I want is exactly what you describe. Many thanks! 

@gusqua, I didn't publish the code. Actually, I only used code published on the forum and made my own changes and integrated it in my own whole concept.

Below you can find the diagram. I don't know if it is that clear but maybe it's a starting point.

Below the diagram, an overview of all scene responsible for alarmmanagement. The burglarAlarmOn (written by @Sankotronic if I'm correct) is not yet used because there is a bug on HC avoiding to use the HC alarmpanel of the master (in a gateway setup).

I'll try to upload some scenes.

I m using fibaro as a alarm system with fibaro motion sensor and door sensors, i make scenes when i activate alarm by pressing a switch near to entrance after 10 minutes, made some notifications by push when i forgott to close doors.

when i opening my entrrance door alarm is been deactivated. I still not figured out how i clould arm it at night and if u are going to toilett that u dont trigger alarm...

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for your help !@wpeeters Excellent!!!! 

I'm going to start working with this at night.

I'll tell you later! 

Many thanks. ;D

Hi @wpeeters,

Nice setup :)

You said that you'll try to upload some scenes of alarm system ;) I want to configure my system as you posted on 26 Jan but need some help, please.

I will appreciate that. 

Thank you.

How do you manage the alarm by pir during night if someone goes to toilet?

are you basically using pir from sleeping room to deactivate and activate after person went to bed again?

On 6/3/2019 at 6:14 PM, silvinnio said:

Hi @wpeeters,

Nice setup :)

You said that you'll try to upload some scenes of alarm system ;) I want to configure my system as you posted on 26 Jan but need some help, please.

I will appreciate that. 

Thank you.

@silvinnio, In the post of januari 26th I already added most important scenes. All others are made based upon my own requirements, needs and devices.
    As mentioned as well, if you start with this. You need to have a proper design and be able to code a bit. Asking, you want to same as me is a little bit to vague. If you have very specific question, sure I can try to help you.

On 6/5/2019 at 6:31 AM, Alex Rob said:

How do you manage the alarm by pir during night if someone goes to toilet?

are you basically using pir from sleeping room to deactivate and activate after person went to bed again?

That is actually rather easy. Don't arm sensors in rooms you use yourself during night (upstairs, hallway,, ...).
    You can use different scripts for 'away' and 'night'. Or you configure different conditions for your sensors. See screenshot below.
    In my case, we use a keypad at our access door in order to arm and disarm the alarm. This action is arming all sensors.
    But in case we're at home, we use a hidden switch (or use a VD or scene or whatever) in order to arm all sensors except the motion sensors in rooms that can be used during night.
    In the advanced properties of your sensor, you can configure this additional condition.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 7:46 PM, wpeeters said:

@silvinnio, In the post of januari 26th I already added most important scenes. All others are made based upon my own requirements, needs and devices.
    As mentioned as well, if you start with this. You need to have a proper design and be able to code a bit. Asking, you want to same as me is a little bit to vague. If you have very specific question, sure I can try to help you.

That is actually rather easy. Don't arm sensors in rooms you use yourself during night (upstairs, hallway,, ...).
    You can use different scripts for 'away' and 'night'. Or you configure different conditions for your sensors. See screenshot below.
    In my case, we use a keypad at our access door in order to arm and disarm the alarm. This action is arming all sensors.
    But in case we're at home, we use a hidden switch (or use a VD or scene or whatever) in order to arm all sensors except the motion sensors in rooms that can be used during night.
    In the advanced properties of your sensor, you can configure this additional condition.

Hello again sorry for asking more questions :) @wpeeters

when i leave home and activate my motion sensor by a delay of 5 min I will got some fail alarms because I changed settings of blind time of each sensor to conserve battery. 

But i see If i should use this properly I might need to run on default settings by blind time and movement detections?

only reason why I adjusted this up is for not draining battery by moving around in the house. U can not deactivate the motion sensor and only activated for movement when they are armed?

Hi @Alex Rob,
    What do you mean with fail alarms? Do you mean that you have a sensor arm failure?
    I don't see any parameter where you can set the 'blind' time for more than 5 minutes. Mine is set on default (15) and is working fine. No battery drain neither.
    As far as I know, no you can't deactivate motion.

6 hours ago, wpeeters said:

Hi @Alex Rob,
    What do you mean with fail alarms? Do you mean that you have a sensor arm failure?
    I don't see any parameter where you can set the 'blind' time for more than 5 minutes. Mine is set on default (15) and is working fine. No battery drain neither.
    As far as I know, no you can't deactivate motion.

I activate my alarm by own scenes. / Might be wrong to start with not quite sure.

Seems to be that the alarm panel dont work with own scenes?

I use on motion sensor partameter 1 value 60

Parameter 2 value 15 / blind time

Parameter 6 motion decetction cancelation on 10 min << i guess because of this parameter i got false alarms so when my alarm get activated and i triggered the sensor will it send a message with movement.

Same if a sensor get breached i ues a own scene for sending me a push message.

If it dont drain battery i could use default settings.

If i use only alarm panel and not my own scenes i guess i can do all the same settings on the motion sensor it self?

I use a switch beside the door to activated the alarm and a door sensor to deactivate automatically. is this possible to integrate without a scene?

On 6/23/2019 at 7:23 PM, Alex Rob said:

Seems to be that the alarm panel dont work with own scenes?

yes it does. use advanced tab and add an action.

Parameter 6 motion decetction cancelation on 10 min << i guess because of this parameter i got false alarms so when my alarm get activated and i triggered the sensor will it send a message with movement.

It depends on how you created your scene. If the scene is based upon motionsensor = breached, this may not be the reason.

If i use only alarm panel and not my own scenes i guess i can do all the same settings on the motion sensor it self?

Yes, but with limited functionality.

I use a switch beside the door to activated the alarm and a door sensor to deactivate automatically. is this possible to integrate without a scene?

Offcourse it is. I think you still need to learn a lot more before starting. Did you check the section knowledge on the top of the forum?

And, I don't know if I understood correctly, but maybe it's not a good idea to de-activate your alarm with a door sensor ;-)

• Like 1

Don’t worry I know the door sensor is not a best option but I don’t found a door lock on z wave or a key pad. Could use a tablet at the entrance. Thanks for your advices :) 

Hi,

Is it possible to activate/de-activate the alarm panel from a block scene? I cant find any alarm object to control. 

I want to syncronize two different alarmsystem through home assistant (which will trigger a scene i HC2 so that the HC2 alarm system i activated

On 12/23/2019 at 1:20 AM, Testermax said:

Hi,

Is it possible to activate/de-activate the alarm panel from a block scene? I cant find any alarm object to control. 

I want to syncronize two different alarmsystem through home assistant (which will trigger a scene i HC2 so that the HC2 alarm system i activated

Same question here, not being a LUA wizard, is there a possibility to activiate/de-activate the alarm panel from a block scene ?