Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC 2 all modules are gone etc.

schata

Question

Hi all!

After several years without huge trouble, I experienced something strange yesterday. 

At first I wasnt able to login from mobile devices but from my pc. Password wasnt accepted. Then I reset the password from my ipad and things started to get crazy. 

I got an email with a new password. After logging in, the only what remained were the rooms. All modules were gone. There was nothing but the rooms. 

Also, a lot of buttons were gone. See the screenshots. I even cannot restart the HC from the settings window. Also no backup can be chosen from there. 

Then I started the box in recovery mode with the physical buttons and was able to restore it to factory settings. Then I logged in with admin/admin and selected the backup which was stored in the cloud. 

Restoring perfectly worked. I saw all my devices and all was well. Then I took my ipad and...again...I wasnt able to log in. admin/admin or the password from the backup worked.  Then I tried it from my pc and the same happened here as well (log out -> log in -> "wrong password"). 

Anybody seen that before? It is strange enough that it suddenly starts to tell that the password is incorrect. It was never changed. But the more strange behaviour is when the password is reset, all modules are gone. 

Picture 1 -> No restart or reset buttons available

Picture 2 -> Backups cannot be restored (missing buttons)

Picture 3 -> Z-wave window without any information or setting window for the polling interval

BTW, the box was configured from zero two weeks ago when we moved to a new house. So there should be nothing wrong with years-old configurations and broken scenes or whatever. 

Hope someone can help!

Thanks

Please login or register to see this attachment.

7 answers to this question

Same problem here, actually exactly the same. Looks like some trojan or program error. Obviously not an usererror. Have you Peter or Schatta already found a sollution?

Cheers,

Stefano

I had the same it showed up after making a local backup. First I could not believed it so I did it again. Since then I only have made some cloud backups.

Same issue since two weeks. Cannot configure anything anymore, see nothing but rooms in app or pc. But it still works: Automatic lights turn on, notifications when doors open, Alexa has still the ability to turn on lights. But no official information about this issue. So after years with fibaro thinking of a change now.

Edited by Tombo