Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Dream on!

parsaria

I really would like to believe in your product, but to be honest, think you just don't want to listen to users.

I couple year ago I started using Fibaro, I really liked it, it had it ups and downs, but it was manageable.

Always thought that I set the bar some times to high when I could not do with your system.

No HTTPS, no complete off the cloude mode, lack of real virtual devices that can be used as real devices, lack of making your own plugins,

clumsy way of programming lua, slow dashboard , slow starting of the app, no good flow of the design, time that is not working correct, weather that is not working correct.

But you really nailed it with your incompetence with your latest addition of the app.

looking down on it I can say one thing there is a lot of other competition on the market.

And tell you this most of your HC2 users are competent enough to switch over.

I for one I am little bit fed up falling behind the competition the way your are going forward I will switch over.

And you lost me as a customer, and more will follow.

I am already looking in to OPENHAB, and I can say one thing for sure just try to app of theirs, that is how an app should look like.

A review score 4.5 for a total open-source project.

Shame on you! Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

Impressive how much system they also have integrated, and nice overview on there site....

1 hour ago, parsaria said:

I really would like to believe in your product, but to be honest, think you just don't want to listen to users.

I couple year ago I started using Fibaro, I really liked it, it had it ups and downs, but it was manageable.

Always thought that I set the bar some times to high when I could not do with your system.

No HTTPS, no complete off the cloude mode, lack of real virtual devices that can be used as real devices, lack of making your own plugins,

clumsy way of programming lua, slow dashboard , slow starting of the app, no good flow of the design, time that is not working correct, weather that is not working correct.

But you really nailed it with your incompetence with your latest addition of the app.

looking down on it I can say one thing there is a lot of other competition on the market.

And tell you this most of your HC2 users are competent enough to switch over.

I for one I am little bit fed up falling behind the competition the way your are going forward I will switch over.

And you lost me as a customer, and more will follow.

I am already looking in to OPENHAB, and I can say one thing for sure just try to app of theirs, that is how an app should look like.

A review score 4.5 for a total open-source project.

Shame on you! Just my 2 cents.

+1

And thy do not communicate. Many, many and many users on this forum are complaining but they give little solutions. They read also this forum if they are giving a little more information ore answers than we now what they are doing. And a little more help can give more satisfied customers. 

Fibaro is trying to find a way to make normal people (without coding experience) buy a lot of their hardware.

Honestly, if Fibaro will cater to people of this forum, its business will not grow, because you guys are all geeks and there are just not that many of you!

Normal people have no idea about things like https, digest auth, mqtt, etc. Normal people just want to press a button in the app and turn on the lights:)

There are many cool integrations I've dreamed about since getting Fibaro. I've come to realize that this is just not going to happen. Ever.

Then I've installed Home Assistant + Sighthound Video and all my automation dreams came true....

Guest cuprum
15 hours ago, Ros said:

Normal people have no idea about things like https, digest auth, mqtt, etc. Normal people just want to press a button in the app and turn on the lights:)

About https - i think, this is the ticking bomb with no question "is is happening" but with question "when". And unfortunately does not depending of (ab)normality of customer.

About the app&buttons and lights i already bandy on previous release thread - but shortly, the AI in new app gives normal peoples challenge to check required icon within many in randomized(every time different) order... if this "ordered by personal preferences" is realized without possibility to personally set something in top.

20 hours ago, Ros said:

Fibaro is trying to find a way to make normal people (without coding experience) buy a lot of their hardware.

Honestly, if Fibaro will cater to people of this forum, its business will not grow, because you guys are all geeks and there are just not that many of you!

You are right. 

Unfortunately the technology is still VERY immature. 

One day in the future we won't be fiddling with our systems. They will just work and they will have easy interfaces to configure with. Coding should be minimal and only for truly geekish adventures. 

All the basic integrations, automated lighting, heating, music will work out of the box.

Until then we have Fibaro... or you can choose something else I suppose.

Edited by amilanov

• Topic Author
  • 22 hours ago, Ros said:

Normal people have no idea about things like https, digest auth, mqtt, etc.

Thats why FIBARO should care!

Thats why your paying for a product, you could get almost for free otherwise.

Thats why you trust your home to fibaro.

Thats why want it to work out of the box.

Doh.....

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".