Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic LAB™ standalone solutions for HC2

Sankotronic

• Topic Author
  • Hi dear @robw ,

Just install Weather Module scene. Without scene it will not work.

And please do read provided User manual. I invested some time to write that User manual, so please RTFM!

Just now, Sankotronic said:

Hi dear @robw ,

Just install Weather Module scene. Without scene it will not work.

And please do read provided User manual. I invested some time to write that User manual, so please RTFM!

Yes, I beta test for UHAS so I read the manual...

However, I found the solution and posted it in my post. The issue was that one is not supposed to fill in City or Country in VD settings, at least not if cityID is used. If you enter all four settings it will not work.

• Topic Author
  • Hi @robw ,

13 minutes ago, robw said:

If you enter all four settings it will not work.

For OpenWeatherMap service only API key is necessary and if only API key is set then location of HC2 will be used to get weather. If cityID is set then cityID will be used to get weather. If cityID is left empty, but City and Country are set then City/Country will be used to get weather. At least if everything is set CityID, City and Country then still CityID will be used to get weather so everything can be set and will work.

It will NOT work no matter what is set for weather provider if scene is not installed or if is installed before VD's then not manually run after VD are installed. You clearly write all steps what you did during installation of new weather module, but you didn't in your steps mention scene, also debug window errors from update button that you provided are listed when VD does not have Weather scene ID so it can run it. 

That is why assumed that you didn't read manual in which is clearly explained when and how Weather Module scene should be installed. previous version of Weather State & Forecast VD didn't have accompanying SCENE, this last version REQUIRE scene to be installed.

5 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @robw ,

For OpenWeatherMap service only API key is necessary and if only API key is set then location of HC2 will be used to get weather. If cityID is set then cityID will be used to get weather. If cityID is left empty, but City and Country are set then City/Country will be used to get weather. At least if everything is set CityID, City and Country then still CityID will be used to get weather so everything can be set and will work.

It will NOT work no matter what is set for weather provider if scene is not installed or if is installed before VD's then not manually run after VD are installed. You clearly write all steps what you did during installation of new weather module, but you didn't in your steps mention scene, also debug window errors from update button that you provided are listed when VD does not have Weather scene ID so it can run it. 

That is why assumed that you didn't read manual in which is clearly explained when and how Weather Module scene should be installed. previous version of Weather State & Forecast VD didn't have accompanying SCENE, this last version REQUIRE scene to be installed.

I understand. I should have put in that I had added the scene, and tested around 4-5 times (uninstalling/reinstalling per instructions in the manual), and put around the same amount of hours searching in the manual and online and on the Fibaro forum what could be wrong. But I took for granted that people read the manual first, and thus have followed the steps in it. It was logical that the issues was in my settings in the VD, so I concentrated on the steps there. And you now I test UHAS, so I read the manual when changes are done ;)

Anyway, the issue is solved. The ambiguous part here was that all 4 settings *must not* be entered. So if I might come with a suggestion, I would suggest to write that in the manual or in the VD comments, to either use cityID and API key, OR city name, country and API key - not both.

Thank you for all the hard work, you now I appreciate it,

Cheers,

• Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, robw said:

The ambiguous part here was that all 4 settings *must not* be entered.

Hi @robw ,

For OpenWeather that is strange finding from your side because I have all the time setup all four settings cityID, city, country and of course API key and is always working. If cityID is set then it will be used regardless of city, and country settings. If cityID is not set then City AND country must both be set to work properly and if all settings are left empty except of course API key which is required then VD will use HC location to get weather data.

Is it possible that one of your settings was wrongly entered, either cityID or city and country so was not recognized by their server? Since VD is only checking if any setting is empty or not and it does not check if cityID, city and country are correct it is possible that with wrong settings can't get proper weather. Can you confirm that?

1 hour ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @robw ,

For OpenWeather that is strange finding from your side because I have all the time setup all four settings cityID, city, country and of course API key and is always working. If cityID is set then it will be used regardless of city, and country settings. If cityID is not set then City AND country must both be set to work properly and if all settings are left empty except of course API key which is required then VD will use HC location to get weather data.

Is it possible that one of your settings was wrongly entered, either cityID or city and country so was not recognized by their server? Since VD is only checking if any setting is empty or not and it does not check if cityID, city and country are correct it is possible that with wrong settings can't get proper weather. Can you confirm that?

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure I had all things entered correctly. I even copied all four settings from the web page results what OpenWeather showed when I entered their API web address with my API key. In other words, I got the city name with the spelling OpenWeather expect, county name spelling with the spelling OpenWeather expect, and lastly the cityID.

The one thing I reacted on with OpenWeather is that they added the Swedish equivalent of "Municipality" after my city name. So city name was "Cityname Municipality" when I looked at the web API output. I used that in the VD as OpenWeather showed it as the city name. Perhaps it should have been just the city name without municipality, even if OpenWeather showed it different(?). Anyway, strange. Something to save in the memory if things go weird again :)

• Topic Author
  • Hi @robw,

Thank you for explanation. it is now more clear to me what happened.

• Topic Author
  • Hi all,

I have just uploaded new version 2.7.1 of Weather State & Forecast module:

Changes and corrections implemented in this new version:

• Corrected bug that prevented Wunderground to be selected for weather provider
    • Added sceneID versioning number to scene code so that Weather State VD can find it if installed after scene
    • Corrected day/night weather icons to show properly for WeatherHERE and DarkSky on both VD's
    • Added hour setting at which Weather Forecast VD will send forecast for tomorrow needed for DarkSky and WeatherBit. This two services keep forecast for today until after midnight, but usually at the end of the day forecast for tomorrow is needed.
    • Updated User manual to reflect new changes
    • Added to scene and VD's to check if any VD's are deleted and then will clean global variables from their remained data. 
    • Corrected some other minor bugs

I have also informed administrator @M.Andrzejewska to approve it as soon as possible

THANK YOU!

Enjoy coding :-) 

• Topic Author
  • Hi all,

I'm working hard to bring you some new work for your home automation. Work on UHAS is going well, but on the side I still do some standalone stuff. Latest work that is at this moment waiting for admins to be approved are:

• Emoji VD - that brings more than 800 nice small icons to Home Center 2.
    • COVID-19 Stats suite - COVID-19 Stats suite consists of virtual device and two scenes. It is using free COVID-19 Stats API released by Smartable AI Developer Program. VD is getting back details about global and regional corona virus data, including latest numbers and historic values that are updated close to real-time by gathering information from many credible sources.

Both should be soon available on forum download section and also on Fibaro marketplace. More about this two you can find in my first post.

Times are difficult at the moment with this corona virus pandemic influencing our lives in an imaginable ways. Wish you all to stay healthy and I hope that this menace will be defeated by all of us.

Be healthy and be safe!

Yours faithfully ?

Sankotronic

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2019 at 9:29 AM, Sankotronic said:

Forum admins sometimes need lots of time to approve.

Indeed... Sometimes too long imho.

Edited by Bodyart

• Topic Author
  • Hi all,

Work on UHAS is ongoing. Latest addition to the growing list of VD's is Ambient Weather Station VD which I decided also to provide in standalone version:

• Ambient Weather Station VD - that reads measurements provided by Ambient weather stations which are connected to

Please login or register to see this link.

service on internet. VD is tested with Ambient Weather station WS-1401-IP OBSERVER, but should also work with other similar types of Ambient weather stations.

If users have other model of Ambient Weather Station and find it work OK or need some adjustments to VD to work properly with their station please let me know!

Be healthy and be safe!

Yours faithfully ?

Sankotronic

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • Topic Author
  • Dear ALL!

I'm finally at home. You can expect some new versions of my standalone work in following days. Have already corrected code for COVID-19 Stats VD to reflect latest changes made to the API. Will also do some corrections and changes to the Weather State and Forecast VD and others as time permits since I will be very busy with UHAS.

Be healthy and be safe!

Sankotronic

• Like 3

• Topic Author
  • Dear ALL!

Just to inform you that COVID-19 Stats suite is updated to new version 1.1.

• Topic Author
  • Dear ALL!

Christmas and New Year are getting close. Just have uploaded Twinkly Light VD to DOWNLOAD section. This is my gift to all of you with wishes that you enjoy festivities with yours families and beautiful

Please login or register to see this link.

Cheers! ?

@Sankotronic

• Like 3

• Topic Author
  • Dear ALL!

I have just uploaded new version of Weather State & Forecast suite and Emoji VD.

I hope that admins will react and approve new versions! @A.Socha any chance to check and approve?

Now continue work on UHAS and will also update some other standalone solutions! Stay tuned! :-)

THANK YOU! ❤️

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Now continue work on UHAS

Oh YES! UHAS long awaited :-D

47 minut temu, Sankotronic napisał:

Dear ALL!

I have just uploaded new version of Weather State & Forecast suite and Emoji VD.

I hope that admins will react and approve new versions! @A.Socha any chance to check and approve?

Now continue work on UHAS and will also update some other standalone solutions! Stay tuned! :-)

THANK YOU! ❤️

done

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, A.Socha said:

done

Great! Thank you! ?

• Topic Author
  • Sankotronic Lab is very busy :-)

Just updated Emoji VD, Weather State & Forecast suite and Netatmo Weather station suite on your request.

Soon more to come, but please, I need your support:

• Vote in download section
    • provide feedback
    • send requests for new features
    • check User Manuals for more support options  :-)

THANK YOU! ❤️

• 4 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  •   

Hi all,

Doing finishing touches and new Irrigation Control VD and just need to write short User manual.

See picture:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

With this VD user can have complete control and overview over the irrigation system.

Irrigation Control VD uses my new version of Weather State and forecast suite v2.8 to check for rain and temperature and depending on current weather state and forecast it will automatically adjust watering or postpone until next day. All weather services can be used, but it is recommended to use those that have hourly forecast (Openweathermap, Weather unlocked or AccuWeather but with subscription since free version permits only 50 calls per day) or Wunderground to which user have connected his personal weather station. It is also good to have Netatmo weather station or enabled access to Netatmo public weather stations.

VD shows selected zone status and mode of operation and its cycles starting time and both watering duration, normal duration and (adjusted) duration.

VD also changes each zone start time depending on previous zone adjusted watering duration so that next zone always starts watering after previous zone stops.

User can also see for each watering cycle start time and total duration of watering on VD.

By default VD provides history for last 7 days of past watering times and duration of selected zone and also weather data fetched from Weather State & forecast suite. User can set any other number of history days.

By default weather is checked 30 minutes before each watering cycle start time, but user can change to any other time, like 15 minutes or 1 hour.

Depending on the weather status and forecast VD will automatically either adjust watering duration or postpone watering for 24h. If watering duration is adjusted then also each zone start time will be adjusted except zone 1 which start time is actually watering cycle start time.

User can also adjust temperatures and rain amounts at which watering adjustment or delay will be applied.

User can change selected zone watering mode to auto or off and can also activate manual watering in duration set with slider (from 1 to 100 minutes).

User can also set all zones at once to auto mode or off mode.

At last, but not least VD shows also watering adjustment in % and also watering delay in hours if applied.

Next step is to add watering cycle settings which will allow users to do all Irrigation control from VD. Also this will allow to set longer watering duration than 15 minutes forced by Sprinklers panel. I have tested this and is doable, only thing is if any zone watering duration is set to longer than 15 minutes then it is not visible in Sprinklers panel which shows two dashes '--', but watering is still done in that longer duration. This is very useful for users that besides sprinklers have also dripping watering zones which usually need at least 30 minutes to 1 hour or sometimes even longer watering.

I will do my best to make this VD available as standalone version first for HC2 and after some time hopefully also as QA for HC3. It will be also included in UHAS :-)

I will also publish update on Weather State & Forecast suite and Netatmo Weather Station suite with some bugs cleaned and for better support for Irrigation Control VD