Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sankotronic LAB™ standalone solutions for HC2

Sankotronic

That's cool, I can use this solution very well. Am already impatient to include this on my HC2.

?

• Topic Author
  • Latest progress with Irrigation Control VD:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Just added Watering cycle setup part to VD (marked with red frame). Now doing coding and testing.

If you have any suggestions or requests now is the best time to let me know :-)

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Still fighting with Fibaro Sprinklers panel deficiencies. Problem with sprinkler watering delay is not only that is limited to max 15 minutes, but if it is set to longer time e.g. 30 minutes then panel does not allow sprinkler to be set to Auto mode. Bummer! ?

But there is a workaround for this nonsense. It is possible to add extra watering cycle with watering duration for all sprinklers is set to 0 and for dripping water to some extra watering time up to allowed 15 minutes. This then permits to set dripping water device to Auto mode and other cycles will then water for the extended time. :-)

For example if we want to have 2 watering cycles one in the early morning and one late evening with sprinklers set to 3 minutes each and dripping water to 30 minutes then we can add one more cycle which will have 0 duration for sprinklers and extra up to 15 allowed minutes for dripping water. This 3rd cycle can be set with start time 40 minutes after midnight just to get first weather check for rain and temperature which is by default done 30 minutes before watering cycle. See picture below:

As you can see from screenshot VD has changed and get a bit bigger with additional labels and buttons of watering cycle settings part. To make it more compact I will separate it into two VD's: Irrigation Control VD and Irrigation History VD. History VD will be optional just to view watering and weather history while Irrigation VD will do all the job, even store history data.

Today all morning was spent to get second COVID-19 inoculation. There are no serious side effects for now ? so I do my best to finish this tomorrow latest on Friday.

Edited by Sankotronic
    typos
    • Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Coding is finished, now testing, testing, testing...

Final look and feel Irrigation Control VD:

I could continue perfecting it, by e.g. adding more factors for calculation of watering adjustment and watering delays, like type of soil, how deep are plants root, humidity, moisture, etc., but that is very complicated and would require too much time.

So, will just do some more extensive testing to clean bugs as much as possible.

Since today I have to do some business with my bank that might take all morning, Will do my best to do testing afternoon and till midnight or even after midnight. Still have to make some useful manual too.

Thanks for support and patience

• Like 2

• Topic Author
  • Yesterday done extensive testing and now its time to write nice manual and is ready to distribution. :-)

NOTE

I tested it with Weather State & forecast v2.8 all weather services as much as I could. Some test are done with simulation since otherwise I would have to wait for weather changes. Since different weather services have different methods of updating and have different sets of measurements more complex code was needed.

Most of the logic for watering adjustment and delaying is borrowed from @szmyk and I want to thank him for the inspiration and code. Users will be able to change threshold values for temperature and rain at which watering adjustment and delays will be activated in the main loop of the VD.

Checking weather status by default is done half hour before each watering cycle, but if previous check already delayed watering then no further checking is done until delay is over. This is done because, for example in my case I have two watering cycles one in the early morning 4:00 and one late night 23:00.

I agree with @szmyk that Weather forecast for precipitation can in some cases be wrong for certain areas and with certain weather service. It is up to you to monitor and select weather service that is best for you and gives you more reliable precipitation forecast.

I have also made some changes to the Weather State & Forecast and to Netatmo Weather station. Mostly cleaning some bugs and also improving code for better usage with Irrigation control. I will publish this changes too and should be quite easy to upgrade your existing installation by pasting new code over existing one.

I will continue work on UHAS and some standalone solutions that will be nice addition to UHAS like integration with Hydrawise and Rachio irrigation controllers which do not require too much of the external control, but at least

it will provide some preview and basic control. Rain Bird is special story that needs more time and for now I leave it for times after UHAS is published.

• Like 3

• Topic Author
  • When I finished Irrigation Control I get request for adding possibility to control irrigation supply pump. It sounds like good idea and will do it as quickly as I can. Also I have to do little correction in logic for weather check. Nothing serious.

Yesterday all day I was playing with integration for Lithe Audio speakers. This is officially requested integration. At first it seemed that should be an easy upgrade, but then I realized that API has changed in the way that upgrade needs lots of work.

It is problem that I'm treated like I'm the software engineer  that wrote firmware for the speakers and I know all. Usually I do some trial and error checks and then get the general idea how to write integration. In this case I'm completely lost :-( I'm either stupid or too much spoiled by Sonos.

Today I'm working on Irrigation control to make it available and for the rest will see.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Request for water supply pump control is implemented and tested. User manual is also done. At the moment I'm working on Netatmo Public weather station scene (might include VD too) for users that do not have any personal weather stations. I hope this Public version should be finished tomorrow so I can publish all this new stuff at once.

Also updates of Weather State & Forecast suite is ready and I have made some modifications to the Netatmo Weather station suite for better support to the new Irrigation Control. For all of you that already downloaded latest version of Weather State & Forecast suite v2.8 and Netatmo Weather station suite v3.3 upgrade should be quite easy since only scenes needs updating. I will provide new scenes in separate download.

Thank you! :-)

• Like 1

It looks like the UHAS users will slowly be forced to switch to stand alone ?

• Topic Author
  • 13 hours ago, Bodyart said:

It looks like the UHAS users will slowly be forced to switch to stand alone ?

Incorrect statement and I'm very sorry that you feel that way. :-(

Every standalone solution is also part of UHAS and gets advantages of UHAS which include less user settings, better integration with other parts of automation, better notifications and even additional features.

Latest standalone solutions I worked on lately where requested by users and since they are planned for UHAS anyway I decided it is good decision to fulfill those requests.

• Like 1

I've also thought of switching to stand alone.

Please do not get this wrong, but I stuck in Beta Version from 2018:

--[[
    Weather State VD - Version 2.2 beta 7 (UHAS compatible)
    Copyright (c) 2018 Zoran Sankovic - Sankotronic (Author). All Rights Reserved. 
    --]]

It feels like the other users can install newer upgraded modules.

But there are many reasons to leave it that way. All modules work without any errors since 2018. This is great and I use it every day. I will continue to wait patiently. UHAS will definitely be a stable, functional HC2 extension when its done. ?

Thank you Sankotronic ?

• Topic Author
  • Hi @FunkFib , @Bodyart

Now when you put it that way it is true that UHAS is still running only on my HC2 for developing. Problem with publishing UHAS prematurely is module dependencies. All UHAS modules depends on each other and will not work if anything important is missing and not installed.

But now when I think it through, most of the important modules are done and as soon as I finish ALC (Advanced Lighting Control) I can provide it for download and then provide all other modules as they are finished and tested.

My problem is that when I finish something then new ideas come up and then I start implementing them. Or when I start working on new module then I realize that to make it better I first need to do some changes on already finished modules. Seeking perfection is good, but in my case that is not so good and I have to reduce it.

For example, for designing some of the VD's it took me almost a week of adding, deleting and moving labels, buttons and sliders. Of course every time when I change VD layout I have to do some changes in code too.

Good example of my sick striving for perfection is ANC (Advanced Notification Center) on which I invested more than 4 months of only brainstorming, preliminary coding and testing. Some people will definitely think that I'm totally mad and crazy investing so much time in something so simple. And I admit, I'm am CRAZY ?, but in my defense, notifications are no that much simple and trivial as they might seem at first.

Having possibility to send notifications, beside HC native ones, also to speakers as TTS, to lights in colors, to Pushover, Telegram and GroupMe and also to LaMetric and then also translated to 27 different languages. Providing users with simple setup which notifications will go to which devices and services, to which users and most importantly when, without needing to see a line of LUA code. Of course initial setup of notifications in UHAS might take some time, but at least users will be able to do it sitting in their sofa with mobile phone in their hands :-)

I know that I don't keep you sufficiently informed about UHAS progress, but this is only because I'm investing all my time in brainstorming, designing, coding, testing and producing. Many times I find my self even dreaming about solutions for UHAS, so yeah, I am definitely gone crazy ?

I will do my best to give more frequently information on my progress with UHAS and will do my best to speed up development, but not loosing quality.

I will start now also preparations for UHAS release candidate testing. No more betas. Previous use of Forum didn't prove to be the best way of doing testing, so will look for something better. I'm also opened for suggestions.

And this should be actually posted in UHAS thread :-)

And thank you for reading this long post :-)

• Like 5

• Topic Author
  • Dear ALL!

I have good news! Just uploaded new stuff! Check my first post for details! Sankotronic Lab jumps to the next level. You can expect new products soon and most waited of all release of UHAS so stay tuned.

Thank you ALL very much for your support! ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 3
    • Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  • Dear ALL!

As promised two new releases are now available.

Thank you ALL very much for your support! ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1