Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Blastbot IR sender/receiver for FIBARO

MDC

Question

Hello,

I just receive my Blastbot (

Please login or register to see this link.

This unit works whit his own app, allows you control all IR devices remote and also can be integrated into Fibaro HC2 as a virtual device.

I set in 2 minutes via app. I noticed that has a cloud based web page that allows to control device from my home remote from a browser.

I set only a device as a test - a Samsung TV.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_02/53267589_Screenshot2019-02-08at04_21_09.png.3f670327c1ad00df343b4fba308bfa88.png" style="width:400px;height:auto;" alt="53267589_Screenshot2019-02-08at04_21_09.png.3f670327c1ad00df343b4fba308bfa88.png" />

Has a function that lear remote code by pointing remote in his front and press a button, it's generate a code, that code it's used in Fibaro virtual device.

I test with LG Clima, Pioneer sound system, works great. You need to have original remote in order to teach all code and use in Fibaro as a virtual device.

In Romania i buy from Fibaro dealer GDC Telecom, in other EU countries you can buy from Robbshop as i noticed.

Enjoy!!!!!

Attached find find a video whit demo how i set a virtual device (my Samsung tv).

1885150899_Screenshot2019-02-08at04_16_22.png.408afee6e53bc6513342e8c18e1db624.png

190550359_Screenshot2019-02-08at04_16_28.png.a81f11f4dd2266a697f88f63b3b05bf4.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 answers to this question

@MDC Have you try learn air conditioner code? I am using zmote right now and it functions similar to blastbot.  Only thing is that one of my splitted air cons has super long code for each button so zmote cannot capture everything.

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, Sirhideo said:

@MDC Have you try learn air conditioner code? I am using zmote right now and it functions similar to blastbot.  Only thing is that one of my splitted air cons has super long code for each button so zmote cannot capture everything.

Just pute remote in front of device and generate code. No issue, whit LG Clima, i have in my home 8 LG, all have same remote, so works ok.

For me it's a 'dumb' solution beceause thise Device don't support connecting in any other way than through their approved web service. What happens when thise device loses Internet connectivity?
    It will simply fail completely if their connection to a remote cloud server is lost.  I'd like to try and avoid issues like that so my house doesn't 'go down' along with the cloud services.

• Inquirer
  • 8 minutes ago, Kamol_ said:

For me it's a 'dumb' solution beceause thise Device don't support connecting in any other way than through their approved web service. What happens when thise device loses Internet connectivity?
    It will simply fail completely if their connection to a remote cloud server is lost.  I'd like to try and avoid issues like that so my house doesn't 'go down' along with the cloud services.

That I ask fibaro to bring back into app direct connection via IP/dns we are become a server dependents.

About this it blaster I can live if fails.

Blastbot IR costs 80 euros so it's so much cheaper to buy for example broadlink.

I still have access to my fibaro remotely through vpn.

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • How you acces via vpn on new app?

• Inquirer
  • 1 minute ago, Kamol_ said:

I use the VPN services of my router

Not clear for me, you use vpn for? I’m talking about possibly to add our own dns name into fibaro app in order to connect direct to HC2, not connect to fibaro servers and then server send request to HC2.

you probably use vpn on your phone, but your fibaro app still connect to their servers.

Yes it's true

but i have also second app - demopad ui 

For tablet it looks like that (I have also another one for my phone)

On 2/8/2019 at 8:09 AM, Sirhideo said:

Hi Have you tried the Zmote web database? It has a list of commonly used branded remotes. you can search by brand name of your AC. 

try it out in the web app -> manage remotes -> search

In case you do find out a code thats working, we can take that code and integrate with fibaro. 

Otherwise you could also try the global cache online IR database. The same codes will work with Zmote too, since its compatible with GC . 

@drasisautomation  Hi, thank you for your suggestion.  From zmote web app, if I search for Panasonic, it comes out some strange thing..  For example,

AMP(AMP), PANASONICCARAUDIO_CARC60EX, EUR51121 etc..  I can never understand what is correct for my Panasonic Air con or Remote...

Could you also let me know where is the GC online IR database? I would like to take a look as well.  Thanks!!

This is the link for online database: 

Anyway., when I checked it, there was no codes for Panasonic Aircon, only TV, media, vcr etc codes are there.

You might have better luck with the Zmote database only. When I search for "panasonic ac" , I get 4 results. Maybe just give a try adding each remote and check them trail and error. 

Regards! 

On 2/8/2019 at 4:23 AM, MDC said:

Hello,

I just receive my Blastbot (

This unit works whit his own app, allows you control all IR devices remote and also can be integrated into Fibaro HC2 as a virtual device.

I set in 2 minutes via app. I noticed that has a cloud based web page that allows to control device from my home remote from a browser.

I set only a device as a test - a Samsung TV.

Has a function that lear remote code by pointing remote in his front and press a button, it's generate a code, that code it's used in Fibaro virtual device.

I test with LG Clima, Pioneer sound system, works great. You need to have original remote in order to teach all code and use in Fibaro as a virtual device.

In Romania i buy from Fibaro dealer GDC Telecom, in other EU countries you can buy from Robbshop as i noticed.

Enjoy!!!!!

Attached find find a video whit demo how i set a virtual device (my Samsung tv).

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Salut. Pe ce port sa intru pe Blastbot sa pot captura codurile? Incerc pe IP-ul lui : 555 si nu imi raspunde.

On 4/11/2020 at 1:08 PM, Dragos82 said:

Salut. Pe ce port sa intru pe Blastbot sa pot captura codurile? Incerc pe IP-ul lui : 555 si nu imi raspunde.

Try here> 

after login >Dashboard

Hello colleague, thanks for your video. I'm trying to do a scene with the buttons but can't control it. I'm very newbie in Fibaro LUA Scenes.

With LUA scene I'm trying with the command fibaro:call(ID, "pressButton", ""), in ID I'm using the VD ID, but in "" put the button number like this:

fibaro:call(52, "pressButton", "36") Doesn't work

fibaro:call(52, "pressButton", "Button36") Doesn't work.

Does anyone know the correct command?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_08/image.png.d1b7227bbdf3c8e159ad2133184ade02.png" />

image.png.ec0a70b4f5ae90901f396ab76cc3c628.png

Thanks a lot.

On 8/1/2020 at 12:26 PM, Alonso said:

Hello colleague, thanks for your video. I'm trying to do a scene with the buttons but can't control it. I'm very newbie in Fibaro LUA Scenes.

With LUA scene I'm trying with the command fibaro:call(ID, "pressButton", ""), in ID I'm using the VD ID, but in "" put the button number like this:

fibaro:call(52, "pressButton", "36") Doesn't work

fibaro:call(52, "pressButton", "Button36") Doesn't work.

Does anyone know the correct command?

Thanks a lot.

Hi 

work this sketch

fibaro:call(idvirtualdevice, "pressButton",1)

Where 1 is the first button.

bye

On 4/11/2020 at 1:08 PM, Dragos82 said:

Tu zici pe ce port trimiti comanda catre blastbot ? daca asta e intrebarea, 9999.

Ca sa "citesti" telecomenzile, cu app de pe telefon merge de minune.

ENG: to send commands to blastbot, local IP + port:9999. Reading the codes: easy with the phone app.