Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FIBARO Reboot VD generator - for both HC2 and HCL

jakub.jezek

Dear Fibaro users,

I have created Reboot VD generator for your HCs. I saw many topics, where Base64 was discussed and my customers was confused too with it. Most issues happens when encoding and forgetting to add 2 empty lines.

Into this generator you will only add IP of your HC and login with password. Generated VD is in RAW, so it can be used by HCL users too. It does not need any server to store generated VD, it only generate it and let you download it.

File is available in the end of this "tutorial", so if you are afraid of it as security issue, then feel free to explore it via your preffered text editor. Maybe it help you as "inspiration" to generate your own sollution.

Virtual device is tested with version 4.530 and 4.531.

What to do:

1. open file restartVdGenerator_v2.html via web browser.
  2. Fill all text fields (IP adress, Login, Password).

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

3. Download virtual device.
  4. Go to Devices -> Add or Remove devices.
  5. Import generated Virtual device
  6. Fill IP address and port fields.
    • IP adress should be same as the one in step 2.
    • Port is 80.
  7. Save.
  8. Hit Reboot button to test it.
    • Your HC should reboot.

CZ/SK users can find CZ translated generator here:

Please login or register to see this link.

EN version here:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by jakub.jezek
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 8

• 4 months later...
On 2/11/2019 at 2:06 PM, jakub.jezek said:

Dear Fibaro users,

I have created Reboot VD generator for your HCs. I saw many topics, where Base64 was discussed and my customers was confused too with it. Most issues happens when encoding and forgetting to add 2 empty lines.

Into this generator you will only add IP of your HC and login with password. Generated VD is in RAW, so it can be used by HCL users too. It does not need any server to store generated VD, it only generate it and let you download it.

File is available in the end of this "tutorial", so if you are afraid of it as security issue, then feel free to explore it via your preffered text editor. Maybe it help you as "inspiration" to generate your own sollution.

Virtual device is tested with version 4.530 and 4.531.

What to do:

1. open file restartVdGenerator_v2.html via web browser.
  2. Fill all text fields (IP adress, Login, Password).

THANK YOU!

• 1 month later...
  • Topic Author
  • Hi @mimaque,

It does work.

I just tested it on 4.550. Please, try to delete and import VD again. Also check line with login and password for invisible characters and lower/upper case. You can decrypt it at

Next, check if IP address match IP address you filled into generator. Also make sure port is 80.

Hi @jakub.jezek,

I can´t get it working too with my 4.550.

This is what I´ve done:

1. Deleted and imported VD again.

2. Checked the line with login (here I found a difference after the decryption, which I solved with correcting the wrong symbols for "ř" in my password and encrypting again - the line changed)

3. IPs the same (static IP for HC2)

4. Port 80.

Still not working. Any suggestions, please?

• Topic Author
  • Hello @paddovo,

Do you use already encoded username while adding it into login text field? Meaning of you use (for example) %40 instead of @.

Next it could be some corruption to file in a way of downloading it. Please, check CZ file. It is in my link to cz tutorial. Also, what internet browser do you use?

Otherwise, please send me the file, I would like to check composition of generated, but use false credentials. I'm interested in file composition, not your credentials.

@jakub.jezek thank you for this great VD. I used you VD to copy the string and add it as a button in an other VD.

Many thanks?

Ps. is it an idea to out this great VD in the download section? So other users can find is easily.

Edited by kevin

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, kevin said:

@jakub.jezek thank you for this great VD. I used you VD to copy the string and add it as a button in an other VD.

Many thanks?

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, kevin said:

Ps. is it an idea to out this great VD in the download section? So other users can find is easily.

We shall see, if i add it there. As it is not VD, but rather VD generator (html file) i was not thinking of putting it to VD download section.

Hello,

Great VD, works very well in 4.55!

Do I miss the remark to restart only if you are at home?

If used to protect your house I should add presence also in the block scene.

Perhaps HC2 is??????

Or am I to scared? Let me know

thanks

//Sjakie

• Topic Author
  • @Sjakie, you need set when to restart probably by doing combination of time scene and global variable.

Global variable changes for example if you disarm everything.

• 1 month later...

You my friend

are a champion. Thank you very much this worked exactly as advertised. Do you freelance writing code?

Regards,

Allan

• Topic Author
  • On 10/16/2019 at 3:53 PM, Allan.newbie said:

You my friend

are a champion. Thank you very much this worked exactly as advertised.

I'm glad it works for you.

No, i do not. I do some light programming and for my customers doing generators via html files (html5, css, javascript). Manytimes its headache support them even if i create perfect manual for them. Generator just create VD, with every ID and needs in its place.

OT:

Recently i created generator for older @Sankotronic HUE VD (then one before UHAS i think). So when retailer in his showromm put extra 20 HUE lights, instead of 1,5 going through anything, i generated 20 VD, imported them, tested them, handed it over  in 30 - 40 minutes and called it a day. Most of times i was in HC2 loading screen btw.

• 1 year later...

Works great on FIBARO HCL version 4.600

After rebooting the gateway, only need to restart Fibaro App software to re-connect.
    Thank you very much !

Nabil BENNIS - TechnoValley Casablanca