Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Single Switch HomeKit - FQBHS-213

unknown32

Hi Fibaro users!

I have just bought my first fibaro product and was very excited to be using it. 

In the kitchen I have 6 LED spots (non-dimable) which are connected to a single on/off button. I would love to be able to 1) time the lights so they go on automatically at a certain time and 2) be able to use the on/off button.

The Fibaro Single switch for HomeKit should be able to do the job, correct?

Well I'm having the following issue: I think I hooked up the fibaro correctly but when it is turned OFF 2 of the 6 lights gon on for 0.5seconds and stay of for 2-3 seconds - this process repeats itself continuesly. 

When I turn the fibaro ON (or via the switch) the same happens but with the 6 lights.

What the hell is going on? :-) Thank you for your expertise/help.

Really looking forward to getting this to work so I can buy more Fibaro products. This is more like a test case for more stuff ^_^ 

If you need more info - please shoot!

PS: I have 2 "dead" wires and 1 live wire. The electricians used for all wires apparently the same brown color. I am no expert, just a basic hobbyist.

Hi.

You need to know exactly which wire is Neutral and if you really have Neutral there.

It looks like the switch was connected incorrectly.

• Topic Author
  • 13 hours ago, tking said:

Hi.

You need to know exactly which wire is Neutral and if you really have Neutral there.

It looks like the switch was connected incorrectly.

How do I find the neutral? And what if I don't have one behind the switch?

Thanks

If you have a multimeter with which you can measure the alternating voltage, then between live and neutral voltage will be 230 V. Between phase and control voltage should be 0 V.
    If you do not have a multimeter, you can try it with an ordinary bulb for 230 V, connected to neutral and phase cable it should light.

If you do not have a neutral cable there, you will not connect the switch properly. You must either lead the neutral cable there or connect the switch somewhere else.

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, tking said:

If you have a multimeter with which you can measure the alternating voltage, then between live and neutral voltage will be 230 V. Between phase and control voltage should be 0 V.
    If you do not have a multimeter, you can try it with an ordinary bulb for 230 V, connected to neutral and phase cable it should light.

If you do not have a neutral cable there, you will not connect the switch properly. You must either lead the neutral cable there or connect the switch somewhere else.

Ok, this is the kind of answers I need :-) Good explanation! I will get to work asap and try this out. 

If I don't have a Neutral, there is a Wall Socket under the switch I am trying to hook up. The wall socket has a Neutral for sure. Can I tap the Neutral from there and get a cable to run to the switch or is this not done (I live in Belgium - Europe). Thanks again!

You can get the neutral from wall socket but You need to know, that it is the same neutral cable which is connected to Your lights.

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, tking said:

You can get the neutral from wall socket but You need to know, that it is the same neutral cable which is connected to Your lights.

I always thought that a Neutral is yellow/green and I can't see a yellow/green cable behind the wall socket. But I'll try it out tonight/tomorrow. Really curious :-)

I'm not sure how is in Belgium but in Poland neutral is blue. Yellow/green is PE (ground).

Here is some graphic:

Please login or register to see this link.