Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Suspicious logon "bug"

storskogen

Something needs to be done with the webinterface, when I use Samsung Internetbrowser and log out from the HC2 it shows a login popup and keeps refreshing the page so fast that I had to reboot my phone to be able to load another page and stop the refreshing. In 5 seconds I had been locked out because of 5 failed logins (I didn't make any tries to login, the refresh triggered it somehow). I will try with Chrome mobile to confirm it happens with that too but I have to wait until im unblocked.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have gotten locked out several times this week! I use Safari on Mac and all of a sudden I get an e-mail saying "suspicious login attempts prevented" and I get locked out. I just got one and the Mac that I use to login has been in sleep mode for hours.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Same here... Really annoying

I'm lockout from my own browser and from my own IP address range.

Where is the option to whitelist suspicious logins or to tell HC2 that this is ME!!

I understand the functionality that they would like to achieve but the implementation of it is totally crap! I'm continuously locked-out from from my own device and than have to wait for 30 minutes after I can login again.

Please fix!!!!

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • And today it got even worse! Downloaded the new app and it worked for ~60 seconds before I got banned and locked out. Apparently I got the right login details as the app connected without problem (on my home wlan). 

WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MANY BUGS IN YOUR RELEASES!?! It is has been a common problem with Fibaro from day one (at least my day one in 2012 when I bought my HC2).

There is always something broken and if one updates software that should fix the bug there is always a new problem. Suddenly after 2 months of no problem the HC2 don't run all scenes (some work, some not), push is broken so you can't trust it to keep your home "safe". 

I know Fibaro can't take responsibility of broken pipes, fire or burglary but as it is we pay quite a lot of money for the HC2 but they aren't any better than the free open source alternatives out there. For less than 10% of what I paid for my HC2 I can get a UZB stick and a some free software, for 10% I have all hardware I need to run a smart home. I choose Fibaro HomeCenter 2 because I thought a "paid" vendor would be better and the software would be more stable but NOT!

It has a nice UI but it is cow *abuse* on the inside and no one at Fibaro seems to care. Take some money out of your fancy commercial and put them into development.

*ordering a USB Z-wave stick now*

• 5 months later...

I am not logged out of the system and can log in as I wish, but I receive the error message every 30 minutes from Fibaro.

As an experiment, I have turned off all my devices. I have then restarted HC2. Although all my devices, except the HC2, have now been off for an hour, the Fibaro system still generates errors. The error is now emitted with interval from exact the time I restarted HC2.

1 error message every 30 minutes = 48 unwanted error messages from Fibaro emails every day.
    Fibaro administrator help is requested.