Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

MotionSensor FGMS-001 not sending trigger

Lenfors

Question

Hello!

Just added another two motion sensors FGMS-001 to my HC2 network. I already have about ten of them working just fine. Installation went fine., the problem is the two new ones does not create any "triggers" when detecting motion!

I compared all parameters to the working sensors and they are the same. I wrote a test scene and the old working sensors trigger just fine, but the new ones does nothing. They do detect motion as I set parameter 80 for colour indication, and all motion shows up on the device!

What could be the prolem?

Best regards, Mikael

10 answers to this question

Do you use LUA scene?

If so, did you add new device IDs to  scene %%properties?

• Inquirer
  • Yes I did. Made a test scene with some old motion sensors and the new ones (all added in properties). The old ones trigger but not the new ones. Checked all setting and they are the same....

Regards, Mikael

could you please post you test scene?

Another question, do you see the motion detection, temperature and Lux values change on UI (in icons)?

Might be they are not included in the system... please exclude/include again.

Edited by cag014

It might be the scene as @cag014 says. Or it might be an (occasional) bug introduced in HC firmware 4.530

Does it show motion in the browser (white icon turns into eye)? If it does not (so only the FGMS LED lights when you trigger it)...

It happens when you are missing an association in group 1... After inclusion this should have be added automatically but I've seen a few reports of devices not reporting anything to the controller.

In the browser, go to the device, advanced page, click button "Setting Association".

In group 1, does your controller (this is device "1" have a check mark in the S (or M) column? If it is missing, please add it. Click save (at the bottom of this window). Then 3-click the B-Button on the FGMS to wake it up and get the change.

Alternatively, try "soft reconfigure" and wake up the device.

• Inquirer
  • Ok, thanks for the suggestions...  I removed the devices, waited a little and added them again. Now they work?!

I'm on version 4.531 Beta, could this be the issue?

Best regards, Mikael

Could be... I don't have a spare FGMS. But lets say... "it happens.. every now and then....". Thanks for reporting back!

• Inquirer
  • Walked around in the house and found two other Fibaro motion detectors not working! The have been running for two years without problem. Battery status indicates almost full.

On Home Center 2 under devices the "Eye" lights up on  movement but not triggering my LUA code (tested and working for two years).

I checked under Advanced / Setting association / Group 1, the checkbox is checked for "S" at Home Center 2.

Any ideas?

By the way, my other 12 motion detector are still working :-)

I have the same problem with some of my Fibaro motion eyes. 4 of them either don't report motion, or they remain stuck in motion state (not reporting safe). However the led on the detectors light up correctly each time.

Reconfigured complete z-wave network several times by requesting neighbor update, soft reconfigured the problematic devices, but still not good.

A few hours later some sensors report safe status, but others remain breached.

Today one door sensor did the same: remained open.

All these weird things began after the failed recalled 4.540 update reverting to an other version than what I had before updating. So this may be causing my problem.