Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

2 x FGS-212 Non Detectable with HC2 v4.530

professorfalken

Question

I have two FGS-212 AH v2.2 which I am trying to get detected by HC2.

The wiring is correct as I can see and hear the gate turn the lights on an off when I hit the B button but no matter what I do I cannot get them to be seen by HC2. they simply will not detect.

I even cut the end off an IEC cable to wire L and N and placed it within 10cm of HC2 to try to get it to include.......nothing.

This is an all Fibaro setup but the FGS 212 seem like junk. I mean if one had a problem then ok it could be faulty, but both once wired seem to be fine. They just wont detect on the HC2. I tried the 3 second reset but again nothing.

Not sure what to do at this point. Most trouble I have read about these devices comes from the wiring but I didnt have a problem with that.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to test to see if they are transmitting on the ZWave frequencies?

2 answers to this question

Assuming you have wired it correctly, and it will not include, try to exclude it first.

When trying to  include i have had to try several times, the timing for pushing three times is very short. Maybe just keep on bashing the button very fast and way more than three times.

Otherwise, your supplier should be able to help. I haven't had problems with dimmers, but there have been other Fibaro devices (The wallplug, 4 out of 6)  from which a lot were DOA.

I just installed this in my garage (behind wall switch för 3 garden lights) and everything is connected correct. Can manually turn on/off and use b for it. But even though my home automation system has all fibaro devices pre listed so they should be easy to include the relay is not detected. I have a fibaro wall socket next to it that works so not a range issue. 

Seems like the relay is hard to include looking in this forum.