Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Switch for homekit : no load wire

davidgnomo

I'm watching the electrical scheme in the instructions and trying to figure out my system ... I can only see the live wire (red) going to the existing button and the neutral wire (blue), but there's no load wire. Is it really necessary or can I just plug the live in the L and the neutral in the N ? 

Hi @davidgnomo,

I think, there are 2 possibilities:

• In classical old installation there would be L and Load. Maybe your electrician used blue cable for connecting to the light.
  • Or does your switch have some capability of connecting to Light remotelly (some sub-GHz band or different)?

In either way, there is no way of connecting Fibaro Single Switch without Neutral wire.

Regards,

Jakub

• Topic Author
  • I got live L and neutral N, what I don’t have is load (the one which is called Q on the Fibaro device) : can I use it without plugging a Q wire ?

You can not have only live and neutral at the switch, because after switching the switch you would make a short circuit (contact live with neutral). Just because you have a blue cable does not mean you have a neutral one there. Rather at the switch you have live and load.

• 2 months later...

Following-up on this thread...in my installation I have wall light double switch (but only one ceiling light-don't ask) so three wires in the box - live, neutral and something (I guess there is one wire for each switch?). Anyway I connected live to L in Fibaro, neutral to N and it works, it is powered, I managed to add to homekit. But I cannot make it work with the wall switch. Outputs are clearly the other L to power the switch and S1 to control. What am I doing wrong?

• 1 month later...

I have a somewhat similar issue.

Two wires (Life and Neutral, no Load). I managed to connect it. When I use the switch, light turns on for a second and turns off again. Plus, the wall switch is not responding. I connected according to this scheme:

Please login or register to see this link.

Leaving the load out.

• 4 weeks later...

Could it be a 2 wire system like the UK for lighting? Their is only a live and a switched live? A Voltage detector pen will tell you this.