Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGK-107 EU V3.2 "tampered" message?

fje

Question

Hi, I have a Door/Windows sensor FGK-107 installed that whenever I open the door it creates an alert of "being tampered" (additionally to detect that the door has been opened).

I have the "big" part of the sensor in the fixed part of the door and the "small magnet" in the moving door. I checked pressing with hand to be assured that the "big part" doesn't move, so the detector in the bottom part of it shouldn't move, it might be an internal problem that when the magnet goes from it door closed position the "temper detector" detects something

Any idea of what could be happening? Any test to be done? Should I ask for warranty to my vendor?

Thanks for any help

5 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Hi, thanks you for this fast answer.

To be honest I am very new in the Z-Wave world. I own a Vera Edge gateway, I am sure a log should exists, but I have to look how to get it. If I find it, I will attach.….

Found, but I need to have an USB pendrive that I am not sure I have at this moment. As soon as I have them, I will attach them here...

Kind regards.

Edited by fje

• Inquirer
  • No way :(

I found the way to have the logs in an USB pendrive, I did the process that have to be done in my Vera Edge, a MiOS Linux partition was created on it, but from there on I am not able to read or to find what is inside it from my Windows 10 system.

Any other way to get information to find what is the problem? Any other test that would have to be done to find why the door sensor "feels" it is being tampered?

Thanks again.

Kind regards

Javier

• Inquirer
  • Still looking at this problem.

I have another Fibaro door/window sensor, this one is model FGDW-002 that works OK.

So, I compared definitions, settings, variables, on both and found some differences.

1.- On the "failing" one FGK-101 I found that the json parameter was: D_DoorSensor1:json, I changed it to D_FibaroDoorSensor1.json

2.- On the "failing" one FGK-101 there is no "VariableSet" configuration parameter and the "ConfiguredVariable" is empty. In the "correct" one, FGDW-002 both have values.

Could this explain the incorrect "Tamper" alarm that the FGK gives? How could I correct it without uninstalling, uninclude and reinclude it?

Thanks for any help

Javier