Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home center 2

M4ver

Hi,

I want to buy Fibaro Home Center 2 but my main requirements in support by HomeKit. Is possible to integrate HomeKit with home center 2 ? Will be integrate in the future ?

Hi

I don’t think Fibaro will make the HC2 Homekit compatible. They have a Homekit product line.

You can use your HC2 with Homekit by using a Raspbarry Pi with Homebridge is installed.

Guest dobsovicj

HomeKit doesnt use Z-Wave protocol, but own protocol based on Bluetooth, so it is not compatible...

Hi @M4ver,

You need some bridge to connect HC to HomeKit. I recoomend Skaro (

Please login or register to see this link.

) to my customers for now.

Hello All

I attempted to do a cloud backup, I ended up with a screen "starting services" for over an hour when I restarted HC2 it is not responding, I tried the + sign button with starting it does not work, I cannot reach my HC2 , I cannot even ping it .

Any Ideas please, my home is down :(

6 hours ago, Hasan said:

Hello All

I attempted to do a cloud backup, I ended up with a screen "starting services" for over an hour.

Any Ideas please, my home is down :(

Hi,

Attempted local backup, I ended up with a screen "starting services" for over an hour. Will try to restart later.

Had same problem with Cloud backup 3 days ago. Rebooted/restarted HC2 and now most, if not all of my scenes containing variables do not work.

Have know idea what to do. I can still turn individual items off/on through the "Device" web page.

Can you manually "start services" or does rebooting start the services.

Any help appreciated.

• Topic Author
  • Okey thanks for information. Do you know Home Center Lite support Apple Homekit? Can I control devices connected by Z-Wave? I mean HomeKit send request to Home Center Lite Z-Wave but Home Center handle this request and for example turn off wall plug? 

1 hour ago, M4ver said:

Okey thanks for information. Do you know Home Center Lite support Apple Homekit? Can I control devices connected by Z-Wave? I mean HomeKit send request to Home Center Lite Z-Wave but Home Center handle this request and for example turn off wall plug? 

No. Homecenter2 and the lite version cannot control Apple Homekit. At least not directly. I use a Synology Nas and a container program to run Homebridge. That way you can trick Homecenter2 to control Apple Homekit. It cannot be done so smart with Fibaro Homecenter Lite as it cannot be programmed through LUA.

• Topic Author
  • Hmm, I read HC lite and I thought HC lite can by control by HomeKit.  ;/