Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Simple scene - simple questions

knuth

Question

Testing my first and very simple scene raised some elementary questions which I am sure some of can answer. The scene simply is "if smoke alarm is activated/breached, then switch off relay after 10 sec". Here is the block scene:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_03/image.png.e26b99dcfe050c608a1e40d0d4bf0fe4.png" alt="image.png.e26b99dcfe050c608a1e40d0d4bf0fe4.png" />

Røykvarsler = smoke alarm

Komfyrvakt rele = relay switch

And here are my questions:

1. In the setup, shown below, there is a check box for "Do not allow alarm to stop scene...". There is a warning to avoid checking this box. In my case it seems logical that the scene is NOT stopped by an alarm, as the trigger itself is an alarm. Do you agree? When do you actually tick this box? For all alarm related scenes?

image.png.91b3b9c7370f506c7d4d9ca11cf63ea3.png

2. The scene is set to be "automatic". Is this sufficient, or should the box "Start when HC2 starts" be ticked as well, as I have done above? What is the difference between ticked and open in this box for an automatic scene?

3. In the main interface, the scene appears with its own icon and small panel:

image.png.d1d5d45d4ee538085fccc804fc517b13.png

I assume the on/off slider to indicate whether the automatic scene is active or disabled? What about the "play" button below? When I push it, the relay switches off. Does that mean that the play button activates the "THEN statement" (here: switch off relay) regardless of trigger status? 

Feel free to give your opinion on any or all of my questions. I am just starting my scenes projects and need to learn more.

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, knuth said:

The scene is set to be "automatic".

Please uncheck this.

• Inquirer
  • Why? The other options are Manual and Disabled, that can't be right for a trigger driven scene? Or do you mean to uncheck the "Start when HC2 starts" box? 

18 minutes ago, knuth said:

Start when HC2 starts" box

Yep, otherwise your relay will always off when HC2 started\rebooted or this scene re-saved

• Inquirer
  • Thanks, done!

Your response sort of answers my question 3 too: Running the scene manually (or on start-up) bypasses the trigger condition and only executes the THEN statement (i.e. turns off the relay). Right?

• Inquirer
  • @10der Thanks, that leaves only my first question: When do you tick the box "Do not allow...", ignoring the warning?

at option ;) 

if' your script "unimportant" and you think it's Ok what your script will be stopped when your house alarmed -OK- do not check this check - otherwise... 

• Inquirer
  • Thanks, again. My interpretation is:

For convenience scenes, do not check the box "Do not allow..."

For alarm related scenes (typically scenes triggered by some alarm condition), check the box

I will consider this my set of rules for now.