Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HCL Custom Recovery

• Topic Author
  • HomeKitten v1.7 changelog:

• Room bridge added. Every room is now separate bridge accessory. Device naming changed because we adding one room same time, so no more mess with names. Max bridges (rooms) count is 256. Each can have upto 100 devices.
    • Long room/devices names are propertly handling now
    • Identifiers cache implemented (can add or remove devices without bridge remove\add)
    • SwitchLock support added (Video gate open = Lock in HomeKit)
    • Battery level (low level warning) fixed and shows only for battery powered devices
    • Dead devices handling added. (Acting dead device will report an error and send wakeup request)
    • Critical bug for reading constant char fixed
    • Bridges confoguration file support added. Advanced users can make desired config manually. If not provided, automatic mode executing. Every room will appear as a bridge in HomeKit.

Room bridges are very usefull. You can create a room(bridge) for shared devices and then share it with your friends (gates for example)

Happy New Year

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 3

@jack.daniels thank you for your work!

I'm kinda new to the whole MQTT stuff. 

What additional configuration do I need to perform to receive Fibaro device messages over MQTT? 

HK_ENABLE_MQTT is set to 1

But when I connect to <FIBARO_ADDRESS>:1883 I only get following topic - "/fibaro/MyHome/connected"

Thank you!

P.S. Working after HCL restart

P.P.S And not working again, can't seem to  get it stable ?‍♂️

Edited by Deniss

• Topic Author
  • Hi,

sad to hear you faced problems using mqtt bridge

All settings are load once at startup

Explain the problem more detailed plz

You can also check log messages in /var/log/messages

• Thanks 1

Absolutely amazing work you've done there, @jack.daniels

I'm a very big fan of MQTT and I use it extensively. I have been waiting and hoping for years that Fibaro would add MQTT support to HC2. Maybe your work will inspire them.

Currently I'm no longer using HC2 as my home controller. I'm running Z-Wave2MQTT, Node-Red and Mosquitto broker on a dedicated smart home PC. I have about 40 Z-Wave devices and 30 different devices that use MQTT for communication.

If I could be bothered with rebuilding my whole setup, I would definitely try this and possibly move back to HC2. However, I would not feel comfortable using a custom firmware for a clients setup.

So, @Fibaro - if you guys are reading this: Please give some serious consideration to adding MQTT support natively. It would open up so many possibilities for integration that it would be insane.

Thank you again for sharing your work @jack.daniels

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

SOLVED -work ok in 0.17

I have "small" problem. I connect without problem to mosquito from any external client and work with any new topic or $SYS but I cant see any topic from HCL.

After turning log I see that your hcl2mqtt have problem to connect with mosquitto (no depends if allow anonymous is true like by default in your firmware or if set to false and user and password is written in global variables)  

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by drboss
    • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Topic Author
  • Just updateing the base fw to 4.580

Enjoy it

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 3

work fine, any problems. I use from first version and work fine without problems with memory consumption. I use mqtt for two way communication with others system and HomeKit for tests.

• Like 1

generally memory is not a real Problem (lot of scenes / someplugins are problematic), one can however add "sync; echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches" to cleanup a bit right after Fibaro started all services. I was thinking about to add it to the "clear consumption" button ^^

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, EliFib said:

@jack.daniels What about memory consumption? With all these services the HCL works fine? Any significant issues?

Its fine. In my observation (~3 monthes) with 10 bridges (rooms) added it was never got panic or hangs.

Actually I bought and set up my second HCL for my other location last days. That was the reason to upgrade to 4.580 :) 

I hope 4.580 will show same stability as 4.560. The only thing I would love to see is consumption overload fix from FIBARO R&D team. I had to disable all consumption reports for all my devices to keep the system stable >30 days

@jack.daniels did you tested or looked in firmware if net.HTTPClient() work in scenes in HCL or have any limitation because in /FibaroSceneAPI.lua  it be used?

I have small scene for update pollution info from my PM sensor and it's work on HC2 and update labels  but don't work on HCL of my fader?

the code is simple, but I can't check error depends of non /debugMessages for scenes on HCL.

Or I do other simple error :-(

This isn't problem of HCL, the program work fine on FIbaroSceneApi on remote linux but on HCL and HC2 not. The problem occurs if server return json area like this:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_03/obraz.png.673a9a2785720a0c47e1468cea599140.png" />

for test I do:

• 4 weeks later...

Woow! I'm so happy that I found this thread! This looks like great idea and big thanx to @jack.daniels

I have a questions before I get it:

Can u tell me how to turn off HomeKit service? Can I do it? I just wanna have the rest: LUA and MQTT :)

And second one:

When I start HCL with this FW, can I restore backup taken from clean and normal version?

And last one:

Can it work with G. Assistant? Any plans for this in future?

• Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  • On 4/10/2020 at 9:14 PM, MrVValdi said:

Can u tell me how to turn off HomeKit service? Can I do it? I just wanna have the rest: LUA and MQTT :)

Sure, just disable it on the Variables panel

image.png.e0b3f239246d04626d62ca6c3e95f9f1.png

On 4/10/2020 at 9:14 PM, MrVValdi said:

When I start HCL with this FW, can I restore backup taken from clean and normal version?

Yes, sure. Changes in the FW are really minor.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:14 PM, MrVValdi said:

Can it work with G. Assistant? Any plans for this in future?

No plans

Hi @jack.daniels,

Just found this post. I think it is really very cool & Fibaro should pay your or hire you to join their software team!

I have few questions regarding flashing the firmware,

1. Does the version 4520 script for rooting HCL works on 4580?
    2. the file type for version later than 4520 is .tar.tz instead of .img, so should i use the same steps to copy and run the code like below?

# dd bs=1M if=/tmp/hcl_4580_lua_homekitten_17.tar.gz of=/dev/mtdblock8

Thanks!!

• Topic Author
  • 17 hours ago, jamietang said:

Just found this post. I think it is really very cool & Fibaro should pay your or hire you to join their software team!

Thanks, but I prefer them to relase official support for this :)

17 hours ago, jamietang said:

1. Does the version 4520 script for rooting HCL works on 4580?

No, later FW versions they have fixed the security holes used for rooting, but you may always downgrade to the vulnerable fw to flash custom recovery, then flash any fw version You wish

17 hours ago, jamietang said:

2. the file type for version later than 4520 is .tar.tz instead of .img, so should i use the same steps to copy and run the code like below?

You mixed up, The dd used only once for flashing the custom recovery image (img). The firmware images (tar.gz) are fleshed by recovery mode web interface.

Happy hacking

2 hours ago, jack.daniels said:

Thanks, but I prefer them to relase official support for this :)

Yeah that will be the best, but i guess maybe they cant get it done because of Apple's certification criteria.

2 hours ago, jack.daniels said:

No, later FW versions they have fixed the security holes used for rooting, but you may always downgrade to the vulnerable fw to flash custom recovery, then flash any fw version You wish

You mixed up, The dd used only once for flashing the custom recovery image (img). The firmware images (tar.gz) are fleshed by recovery mode web interface.

Happy hacking

Ok, let me try and see if I understand it correctly. I'll need to downgrade it to 4520, then root it using the python script and then using recovery method and select 4580 file to update it to latest firmware. Is that correct?

Thanks again for your great work!

• Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, jamietang said:

I'll need to downgrade it to 4520, then root it using the python script and then using recovery method and select 4580 file to update it to latest firmware. Is that correct?

Yes, this is correct