Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sensative strips still not included

Thomasn

Please add support for Sensative Strips. They have been on the market for more than 2 years. And you have the template as I mailed it to you years back.

They work well without any template. They can be tricky to include in HC2/Lite.

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, pjvik said:

They work well without any template. They can be tricky to include in HC2/Lite.

A lot of devices works well without a template but that is beside the point. 

10 hours ago, Thomasn said:

A lot of devices works well without a template but that is beside the point.  

For what i know it should work fine without template (tested a year ago). So in this case template is only sliders and checkboxes for parameter settings.

1 hour ago, jakub.jezek said:

So in this case template is only sliders and checkboxes for parameter settings.

+1

In this case, I totally agree with you. ;)

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

For what i know it should work fine without template (tested a year ago). So in this case template is only sliders and checkboxes for parameter settings.

Yes, and I can drive my car without an muffler but it doesn’t look good. If Sensative Strips are working that easy why should Fibaro not make a template to get rid of the warning of a device without a template? And Sensative Strips was just an example. My old z-wave devices from Greenway has no template either. Or devices from Logichome despite the company has been in contact with Fibaro several times. 

Edited by Thomasn

3 hours ago, Thomasn said:

If Sensative Strips are working that easy why should Fibaro not make a template to get rid of the warning of a device without a template?

What i know from my experience, that if it work in Fibaro HC, then that device has some basic device support (generic for binary sensor, on/off devices, ...) and has low priority for template creation.

4 hours ago, Thomasn said:

My old z-wave devices from Greenway has no template either. Or devices from Logichome despite the company has been in contact with Fibaro several times. 

If they work without template and do not need adjustment in BUI (feature missing, cannot control, ...) then they too have very low priority. In the end final decision is in hands of R&D and Q&A if device will receive template.

4 hours ago, Thomasn said:

Logichome

That company sounds familiar to me.

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

i am with Thomasn, also dit request it. i also know that the first one indeed has a template but after a firmware update its was gone

now cerval years later still no temp.

• 10 months later...
  • Topic Author
  • Finally, Sensative strips are included in the latest update. Great.