Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 triggering Issue

Ghazanfir

Question

Hello Everyone,

Controller =Home Center 2

Firmware version =4.530

Dimmer version=3.5

Total load on dimmer 2=80Watts

I am  a new user of fibaro system and facing some issue regarding power issue in dimmer 2. I have recently used the fibro's dimmer 2 which was working fine on MAIN power source while it does not work on new backup generator (Perkins 64KVA Diesel) . Dimmer 2 takes right inputs (220V) from generator but not show any output voltage on load terminal where dimming lights of 7W are connected. I have tested the voltage and frequency of Dimmer 2 on terminal L,N and N,output(LED lights Load) respectively. Voltage and frequency on these terminals were 220V and 50.12Hz respectively on MAIN power electricity. Whenever MAIN power electricity is switch to backup generator, the module takes correct inputs i.e voltage and frequency when switched is OFF.  Whenever tried to turn on the dimmer 2 from the web application, it suddenly turn off the device within 1 second giving no HIGH BRiGHTNESS ERROR, OVERVOLTAGE ERROR or overcurrent error.

Following are the readings when switch is ON.

1. Voltage checked on Live and Neutral terminal of dimmer 2 = 220V

2. Frequency checked on Live and Neutral terminal of dimmer 2 = 50.2Hz

3. Voltage checked on Load and Neutral terminal of dimmer 2 when switched ON = 10V (It should give 220v instead of 10V)

4. Please note that there is no LED indication on Dimmer 2 Module like Red LED indication for incorrect wiring or over voltage/current.

So, Please tell anyone give me any solution/suggestions why Dimmer 2 is not turning ON the lights. 

5 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, Ghazanfir said:

it does not work on new backup generator 

@GhazanfirIf you search the forum I have read others having similar problems with generator supplys and dimmer 2 in the past.

From memory related to Hz.

• Inquirer
  • @Jamie mccrostie can you share the link here please as it is very critical issue for me.

3 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

@GhazanfirIf you search the forum I have read others having similar problems with generator supplys and dimmer 2 in the past.

From memory related to Hz.

Kindly tell me what is the memory related issue with the generator?

• Inquirer
  • 11 hours ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

There are four Separate posts about this first page when you search “generator”.

@Jamie mccrostie thanks buddy. Let me try their experiences.