Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

New HC app no user login

kevin

Question

Hi,

The new app is slowly getting better. But I have multiple users and not everybody has the same rights. In the new app I can only login with my Fibaro ID, that means that everyone has all the administrator rights

I also miss the iPad app

Edited by kevin

6 answers to this question

Guest dobsovicj

Hello FIBARO,
I need the same - how to login via different user account??? For example for wife, childern, etc...

I have the same question... pretty useless app without this feature. Especially when you want to use GPS in scenes etc :(

• Inquirer
  • I have asked Fibaro about this in an other topic and said that they don’t have plans to add this feature to the new app (at this time). The strangest thing is that he said  there are users that are for and against this feature. I don’t believe there are users that are against this very important feature, especially is you have family members. 

So for most of the HC users the new app is useless because of this. 

@T.Konopka please add this very important feature because of rights in scenes and devices

You need to add users through FIBARO ID, so every member of the house needs an FIBARO ID account. If you haven't added the user by email in your home center locally, and invite them through FIBARO ID, than you can synchronize the credentials in your HC. It's described on knowledge base title is something with "sharing access" kb.fibaro.com

"

HOW DO I LINK A NEW USER TO MY HOME CENTER? (VIA FIBARO ID

This is required in order for a user to access the Home Center on the Home Center app

1. Login to 

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this image.

2. Select the Home Center you want to add a user to and click on the right-facing arrow next to it:
      FWkaNnRAiYGjKUh5ptC_BJr8DxxEIzCvIQ.png?1574200210
      NOTE: You must be the owner to add additional users!

3. Select the "Add User" button -> the following screen will be displayed:
      uTBWkNNRSxVFumimLzdMDLzdp1Tevtz0bw.png?1574200293

4. Enter the FIBARO ID of the user you wish to add and hit the "Add" button, their email will show up under the "Shared with" section along with the following:
      R3q1eTOjqaCjGryddFLqlae1kN_qYmTkyA.png?1574200435

5. The user must accept the invite to gain access, if you are setting them up on the same PC then make sure you log out of your FIBARO ID (if they click on the email and your FIBARO ID is logged in then they won't be able to access the invite)
      VLW62Pjc_Yclfp9f8_4CHU1dtZxEbZtwPQ.png?1574200752
      (next to user their email will appear and next to HC2 the serial number of your HC2/L will appear.)

6. They will receive an email to confirm this as well - they can log in with their FIBARO ID details.

"

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • @pnutp0wer thank you for sharing this. I don't understand why Fibaro support doesn't tell me about this?

@Danial thank you sharing the steps

• Like 1