Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

All devices "not configured" after reboot or upgrade

dannykay

Question

I have been on 4.520 for a long time and  it was a welcome update to be able to do backups again(think broken dongle/stick). However, every time after a reboot my HC2 has ALL the devices "not configured" and I have to go and do a restore from a good backup. Even if I upgrade to a newer version(such as 4.530) I get the same "not configured" everywhere and I have to go back and restore/downgrade to my working 5.20 backup.

I feel like I am stuck at 5.20 even a reboot is pain and must do a restore afterwards. If I upgrade I also get all "not configured", even if I go ahead and "reconfigure" all of my 20+ devices to work, who says I will not have the same "not configured" issue as I am having now!

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Also, maybe Fibaro should be interested to investigate why a device loses the devices state after a simple reboot?! 

Any help appreciated.

Danny

12 answers to this question

I. had the same. For a couple of times now. I's seriously doubting this whole HC2 thing. It's not working at all for me now. 

Same issue. At least 10 devices not configured. I think it was a reboot or backup that triggered it. This whole Fibaro system seems so unreliable..at least with their own devices it should just be rock solid (its mainly Dimmer2 that became "not configured" in my case). 

And the solution is not (soft) reconfiguration either, seem to have  to remove device and add again and this process is also not always working. And often the old "Not configured" device still hangs around, even if it had been removed and re added. Also force remove often doesn't work, so I have to rename the old device and stick it to "unassigned" room, very messy. When I purchased this stuff I really though its quite simple tech and should just work...

I have experienced similar that after restoring backup I had all devices not configured.

The solution was to restore from earlier backup and have all devices in order.

I suggest to make a good backup, to confirm try to restore from it and see that all is OK.  Delete all other backups which are suspicious.

When you have good, confirmed backup then do upgrade to new firmware.

I have experienced the same thing after upgrading to the newest version :-(
A restore of an old backup does not solve the problem :-(

Same issue. 25 devices not configured. Backup is corrupt and support is not willing or able to help. Moving to an opensource controller where I could get community support..... Fibaro is unfortunately unreliable, badly supported and closed.

Do anyone know how can I exclude all devices?

/R

haha, not really. that's part how zwave works

You can exclude them on any controller

This is really not OK, Fibaro. All I did was take a backup - the one thing I need to do to get out of this mess, apparently, and it caused the issue! About 70% of my devices were coming out as 'not configured' with master devices showing again and soft configuration just not working either!

The only luck I've had is to restore my last backup - almost a year old. 

This is absolutely ridiculous!

• Like 1

I had fibaro for 8 years now and their updates are slow, bad and they dont even evolve.. im so disapointed in this. If i could wote to the world to not buy fibaro i WOULD SAY DONT BUY IT!

All updates makes trouble! and you have to hard restart Fibaro after update, history is lost after every update. Cant belive they dont take this serious.. If they dont do something soon theu will be off the global market, and end up as a Smart Home solution as last choise on market. not even their app on Android is either responsive or has a good overview. Really hurts to see a promising "Smart Home" solution go down like this, well, it will for sure soon. On the software side they are braindead.

Best regards a Fibaro Fan For YEARS! 

Only way to rectify problem with "not configured" devices is to restore last backup that was not made during upgrade.

I have been there several times and restoring backup always helped. Problem is only if user didn't make backups for long time and after each change to the system.