Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Gate Opener Smart Implant FGBS-222

fibaroforum.maki

Question

Dear Fibaro Community.

I`m trying to use the new Fibaro “Smart Implant” to close the NO-contact of my gate opener .

For this case the Fibaro manual suggests this wiring diagramm:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_03/1443521780_wiringaccordingtomanual.png.ba0aba240af1b0600a38868fe0db6638.png" alt="1443521780_wiringaccordingtomanual.png.ba0aba240af1b0600a38868fe0db6638.png" />

My gate has a NO (normall open) contact that needs to be closed (connected/bridged) to open the door.

hence I configured Parameter 154 to “0” - contacts normally open / closed when active

1061700444_parameter154.png.08c228b193632b7d2c4d3282fc999006.png

The time these contacts are closed is the time where the gate is open. E.g. (10 seconds for example)

Therefore I changed parameter 156 to 10s

261505244_parameter156.png.8e02927ba2fd5000602d1d1149d6694e.png

To my understanding these settings should work as follows:

a short “activation” on IN1 triggers both contacts of Output1 to be connected for 10s

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Now clicking the “ON” button on the Fibaro GUI (graphical user interface) has the desired effect:

1215247246_guiswitch.png.1dc42142ed85d6a538c2d0f1120d39e5.png

the contact between the first and second out1 contact is closed and the gate opens for 10s

The Problem:

It only works via GUI (graphical user interface) Connecting IN1 to GND doesn`t have any effect. The “switch” is not working

What am I missing?

In a second step i`d like to trigger IN1 with a battery. Therefore I configured it to binary sensor.

->nothing happens

What am I missing? Where do I configure the activation voltage and so on? What are the values that IN1 accepts?

In short: how can I put something into IN1 to trigger the outputs?

regards,

Maki

Ps: i also get this weird notification that the device is waiting for syncronization :S

HC2 v4.540

2 answers to this question

I think you can solve it with a scene. The scene detects IN1 input and triggers the output. I believe the UBS had a connection between input and output, the smart implant is more flexible. 

Hello Maki,

Have  you solved your issue with your gate ?

I can’t find tuto about links between in and out on a fgbs-222 and I can’t make my gate open with it, connecting only out1

thx