Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 flickers at any level with Halogon lights

MrHaugen

Question

Hi. Just installed my second dimmer 2, for my kitchen halogen lights (2x 40watt). This is none on a two wire 220v electrical system (Europe).

The setup process starts but it flickers all the time while the dimming tests are running. When the process is done I can not dim and the lights are constantly flickering when I turn it on trough the atom homey control.

This is without including any dimmer or switch. I tried to include the old dimmer (400w turntable knob) and that did not seem to work well, so I dropped it from the setup.

This is my current wiring setup. 

N and O shorted.

N to the lights.

The load connector to the L.

Any tips would be appreciated!

3 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • On 4/6/2019 at 5:33 PM, japasu said:

Are you using exactly the same kind of "bulbs" for the two lights?

I'll check just to be sure when I'm home, but I don't believe so. Not that it matters much now...

I never figured out what was wrong, and I tried to connect the fibaro dimmer in different ways. It blew up :D

So, I ended up with two Philips hue bulbs instead. Easier over all than figuring out the issue with existing lights.

Edited by MrHaugen

Wow, I presume you are alright:)

I am sorry to read that you are giving up on the dimmer and if you will try again, you should use two bulbs with identical specifications - and maybe the same manufacturer.

I had flickering lights with a the dimmer when I used two different bulbs on one dimmer in my system. It is actually not so strange, since the dimmer calibrates to the load(s) connected.