Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problem adding RGBW to H2

gunnarh

Question

I have two RGBW  2.5 and both are connected to one white led strip but when i try to add them to H2 noting happens

• I have tried to add it with push add bottoms on H2 and connect the power to the RGBW.
  • I have tried triple bush on B bottom after pressing add device on H2.
  •  I have reset the RGBW with pressing B bottom and connect the power and the release the bottom.
  • I have change the 12V power supply.

I did try add other device like single switch and no problem.

What is next?

Edited by gunnarh

15 answers to this question

I have the same problem with both of my new bought rgbw moduls. As  gunnarh, I tried to include them several times, did a reset, placed them near the HC2. However I cannot include them to my z-wave network... 

I am running the latest version on my HC2. Are there any hints how to get them running? Thanks!

• Inquirer
  • @akatar  It have never been added to controller because it have never work. To be sure i did search for it in the controller and did not find it.  I did do factory reset on the  RGBW device and the B channel blinks but same problem. It will not add to the controller. I did add Single switch last night without problem.

Thanks for this input.

• Inquirer
  • Not sure how i can remove it when i can not add it.

• Inquirer
  • @akatar Yes i have test this and nothing happen, did try that again and same result.

Edited by gunnarh

Hi @gunnarh,

If even exlusion (removing) of device does not help and it works for other devices, then please, proceed with RMA of those devices.

PS: My method of detecting wrong component.

1. Check if its Z-Wave or HK device. -> yes, i know how stupid this sound, but people do stupid things sometimes.
    2. Check if frequency of device and HC. Have to match.
    3. Try to remove device via Devices - Add or remove device - Device to remove -> Removing via Z-Wave is factory reset via radio and it could be apliable to devices from different Z-Wave network.
    4. Change battery and do nr. 3 again.
    5. Restart HC and do nr. 3 again.

3 hours ago, gunnarh said:

@akatar Yes i have test this and nothing happen, did try that again and same result.

then check powersupply, 12vdc or 24vdc and check if positive is correct

• Inquirer
  • @akatar I have tried two 12vdc and last night i did try 24vdc. I did use multi meter to check positive.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:14 PM, jakub.jezek said:

Hi @gunnarh,

If even exlusion (removing) of device does not help and it works for other devices, then please, proceed with RMA of those devices.

PS: My method of detecting wrong component.

1. Check if its Z-Wave or HK device. -> yes, i know how stupid this sound, but people do stupid things sometimes.
    2. Check if frequency of device and HC. Have to match.
    3. Try to remove device via Devices - Add or remove device - Device to remove -> Removing via Z-Wave is factory reset via radio and it could be apliable to devices from different Z-Wave network.
    4. Change battery and do nr. 3 again.
    5. Restart HC and do nr. 3 again.

then this….

• Inquirer
  •  I did check you list and same result, i will try to get access to another Fibaro HS2 and test it there.