Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

It's time to dramatically update the Virtual Device

cashe

• Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, pogo said:

Instead of checkbox i prefer switch icon. Does the same, but looks better :)

Please login or register to see this link.

OR 

Please login or register to see this link.

Great idea!

@cashe

On 7/8/2019 at 4:49 PM, cashe said:

I believe it is not a problem to add such functionality (imagebox) to your app.

Images are stored somewhere on the Internet. Album covers, for example, can be downloaded from some services with API provided (last.fm, for example).

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Well, when it comes to app, for now it is not possible but we are aware that this can be a problem. If the icons are saved in Home Center they will be displayed in VD app. However if the icon (album cover in this case) is loaded from web interface it won't be displayed. It is like that because in application VD icons are chosen by ID, if they are not save they won't be found. In other words application can not display icons that change dynamically. 

@pogo

The idea with switch icons is great, I have already passed it on to the responsible team.

I would like to add more ideas.

Would be great to have possibility to change virtual devices parameters. Many scripts need starting input parameters and now we have only two: IP address and TCP port input text box.

Would be great to have user definable number of text boxes, or other types too, like switch or checkbox, dropdown input, dropdown input with select from Fibaro devices, ...

29 minutes ago, marbe said:

Would be great to have possibility to change virtual devices parameters.

Do you suggest creating something similar to templates (they ensure visual support for maintaining every function of the Z-Wave device in Home Center, like parameters)?

30 minutes ago, marbe said:

Many scripts need starting input parameters and now we have only two: IP address and TCP port input text box.

What other starting input parameters do you have in mind? For what devices could they be used? Remember that those fileds should be universal to different kind of devices. 

I suggest to add more fields or user definable number of fields to position, where are now only IP Address and TCP port fields.

They can be then used as starting input parameters for LUA script in virtual device scripts.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Thank you

Edited by marbe

3 minutes ago, marbe said:

I suggest to add more fields or user definable number of fields to position, where are now only IP Address and TCP port fields

What specific fields, like now IP Address and TCP Port, in your opinion are the most needed? 

Could you give us some examples? 

And thank you for the suggestions

features, bugs:

1. feature: text colour in the VD

2. bug: in the app label text outline (new and old app) is on the left en on the GUI outline is on the right > setup in the app on the right. 

3. in a label the possibility of having more than 15 characters in a line.

4. adjustment of spacing between labels

5. able to assign a VD to a light !

6. feature: different button colour

7. picture in a button label instead of text

I would like virtual devices to be recognised as switches in the system - This could be a property (along with TCP Port and IP Address "Recognise as switch" + a checkbox).  That would allow a VD to be linked with a thermostat and used with heating/cooling panels. Handy if you have (say) Wifi switches for your heaters.

Also an option for a virtual sensor (a dropdown allowing selection of which sensor type: temperature, humidity etc.).  Handy if you have (for example) an AC system supported through e.g. Wifi.  At the moment this cannot be used with heating/cooling/humidity panels.

Alternatively add virtual switch/virtual sensor to the available plugins.  But I think VDs already exist so its easier.

• 5 weeks later...

Glad I found this thread in a search, I've long been wishing for some new features in VD's...I believe they could really add lots to the system as we can create our own custom devices for all sorts of things.

Just a few simple things like toggle switches for on/off, text input boxes and maybe different font sizes.

Thanks for the vd hiding functionality. Please add disable (like scenes) also , working on a few VD atm, and its a pain in the ass for the hc2, cause i can’t disable them