Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

CONTROL SOLENOID VALVES WITH Double Switch 2 FGS-223-ZW5

KrBombaMiRec

Question

Hello,

my first question on this forum, so please be gentle :)  I have Home Center 2, with some modules (roller shuters, netatmo, C02,...).

I have a big trouble with buying stuff for my water control with solenoid valves, for my irrigation and water floor heating. I would like control them with double switches, so i need 6 of them for 12 valves.

I found this picture on forum for control 12V Solenoid valves with the old one Fibaro Double Switch 2 FGS-221.

Is this possible with the new Fibaro Double Switch 2 FGS-223 ?? I can get them here easier then the old ones. 

I didn't buy valves yet, so can someone tells me, what kind of them i must buy, 12/24 or 230V, DC or AC, and how i know which valves are closed when power is off. I will buy transformator from 230 to 12/24V if i must.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Thanks a lot for your help and your time

LP

Mr J.T.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

7 answers to this question

Hi @KrBombaMiRec

If you want to use the FGS-223 modules, the valves must be AC 230 V also, because the the power and  outputs are fix conected on the double switch 2.

When you need another voltage for the valves, use the double relay switch FGS-222. Lock here

Please login or register to see this link.

Be aware that the double Relay switch module have only Z-Wave capabilites, the double switch 2 modules have Z-Wave Plus built in.

Best Regards

Fabir

Edited by Fabir

I am also interested in this. Want to do the same for garden irrigation. 

The top diagram OP included seems to show FGS-221 (not 222 or 223) which looks like it takes +12V (in red) from the external transformer, thru the zWave unit, and then onto the solenoids (with 0V coming back in black). Any reason why not that 221 unit then?  

In my mind this is better than powering the solenoids individually so i like the look of this. Wonder if there is a distance limitation on the length of those wires to/from the solenoids? 

I am also interested in the best / common solenoid valves people use. 

Keiran. 

Edited by keiran

• Inquirer
  • FGS-221 isn't available in my country, i found this on internet:

The 

replaces the 1x3Kw (FGS211) and the 

replaces the previous 2x1.5Kw (FGS221).

I found this valves:

or something on amazon from Rainbird, because i want an irrigation system from Rainbird.

Edited by KrBombaMiRec

Gotcha.

I think yesterday i cracked (on paper at least!) my z-wave garden irrigation solution. Thought id share parts list in case you guys wanted to do it also. Bout $90 (im in australia) per tap. 

Here we go, from the tap back.... 

1/ Solenoid:

2/ Garden tap gender changer / joiner:

3/ 24V "low voltage" wires to the tap locations:

4/ Z-wave dual switch

There will be a 5th part: 240v AC to 24v DC transformer but i havent figured out where ill take the 240v from. Maybe a wall light switch (but i think i need a neutral for that- which is NOT common in australian walls), so if that fails then just maybe power from a standard 240v GPO power point. 

Attached is the ‘wiring diagram’. I cant seem to find qubino in australia so i got the aeotech one above, which im pretty sure will work also. 

Edited by keiran

Guest dobsovicj

Hello,

you can use new FIBARO device Smart Implant to control valves... You can control this device in springler panel and use 12/24V :-) 
    BTW: it´s cheaper than others devices (fibaro rele with additional rele (because current fibaro rele/double rele is using/switching only 230V!!!) or qubino, etc.)

On 4/27/2019 at 11:39 AM, dobsovicj said:

Hello,

you can use new FIBARO device Smart Implant to control valves... You can control this device in springler panel and use 12/24V :-)
    BTW: it´s cheaper than others devices (fibaro rele with additional rele (because current fibaro rele/double rele is using/switching only 230V!!!) or qubino, etc.)

According to the documentation, Smart Implant has a maximum output voltage of 20V AC. I need to switch the 24V AC solenoid.

Maximum voltage on outputs: 30V DC / 20V AC ±5%