Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Node Red integration with hc2 SOLVED

MARCUSP.I.L

Question

I wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction to find help with setting up basic node red structures for hc2? using node-red-contrib-fibaro-hc2 by @10der .I have a node red flow which turns on my tv , turns on netflix or youtube or live tv , all with wol command.

I want to run this from a device or scene from hc2. I can post from node red to hc2 -no problem but can't find a way to get commands from hc2, any ideas ??

Edited by MARCUSP.I.L

1) please remove all

2) import this

Please login or register to see this code.

3) configure mqtt server ip address

4) configure hc2

turn on debug

and you should see debug info from your HC2

Please login or register to see this image.

turn off debugging

uvERBYapH5.png

so, now we can connect 1st device

1) drop mqtt in

2) drop 

hc2-device

3) connect mqtt in to hc2-device

4) setup Hc2 server in device

XdbkNbkxL4.png

5) try key any device name in inputline QEQY6TEfUN.png

press fnDbLwNmbW.png

and pick up your device

6) add /value

GfZuqaj6Ou.png

70fo9ULQLD.png

9LNbttsF22.png

Edited by 10der
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2019 at 9:27 PM, MARCUSP.I.L said:

get commands from hc2

Sorry, Sir, unclear for me 

what a commands?

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for reply, with commands I mean using the on state of a device to trigger a node red flow. I am trying to run a tv on flow when I turn on a light or scene, either by using  your hc2 node red nodes or with rest api. Your node red hc2 nodes are installed and work brilliantly, have post commands to hc2 working. Thanks again

as temp solution

hpg9Fw13eM.png

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @10der, just home , will try your solution. I t really helps me to see a solution first and then learn. Thanx.

• Inquirer
  • Hei , is there something i am missing  @10der ? I imported your node to Node red, changed security settings etc  and it runs the scene on hc2. 

But it seems that running the scene on hc2 doesn't do anything on node red.

I see in your last message that there is a debug running 'Hello NODE RED', where is this located ? Have you put script into the scene on hc2? Thanks again, fighting to get my head around the whole concept of API.

may I am is not clear to understand what you wish.

I think what you want to call some LUA scenes in HC2.

• Inquirer
  • great, i was thinking that i could use the nodes hc2 server or hc2 device to run the flow ? There is no-one online who has this set up so i have to ask the expert. Thanking for your time:)

AUx5IbKjRY.png

HkP9paRbWr.png3RYvCfICxW.png

ezFnmxr85x.png

3RYvCfICxW.png

8etBQCGUUw.png

aLzTdoe9hH.png

31 minutes ago, MARCUSP.I.L said:

great, i was thinking that i could use the nodes hc2 server or hc2 device to run the flow ? There is no-one online who has this set up so i have to ask the expert. Thanking for your time:)

poohffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for reproducing and making pics I need time. please don't jump to conclusions.

thank you for understanding.

• Inquirer
  • Just home again - Thank you @10der, thanks for your time and work , i understand more and more , i will look into this now, great pictures and step by step instructions, really helpful. I can clearly see that this took some time. Home center is far more interesting and useful with contributors like you. Brilliant work . 

• Inquirer
  • Hei, implemented this node set up last night but failed to get it working. Have you used a mqtt input? I downloaded mqtt box and tried dozens of combinations , made a successful connection but can't get it to work in the flow. Sorry if this is real newbie question, perhaps i am in a little over my head ?

I have to admit that mqtt is totally new to me and reading and trying hasn't worked for me. I read as much as i can understand.

Lokking online is a little confusing as the information is sometimes contradictory, use mqtt from node red or install from npm , set up in mqtt box , or use raspberry . 

Thanking you again for your help @10der

Hey @MARCUSP.I.L

Im in a similar position to you re code red. Re  understanding mqtt in node red there are some great youtube tutorials

Have you installed the mqtt VD on Hc2 and have that talking to mqtt in node red?. 

Please login or register to see this link.

I think this is required ?

Thanks to @10der most of the information is there but the set up from start to finish is hard to understand .

ie Im sure my node red came with mqtt installed already and if so finding the target ip of the broker  is the same as pi ip address  with port attached 192.168.1.11:1883 ?

so once you have installed  mqtt bridge on hc2, set up topic and credentials including target IP address  and  port ?

Dragged Mqtt node broker and on pallet and se up topic and credentials including target ip address and port

Install and set up fibaro node with hc2 credentials      

Drag injector node and load string payload  with command with basic authentication and  say scene start command

Is this it or am i lost.

your thoughts?

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

Re mqtt bridge install. The bit i'm struggling with is  unzipping and loading mqtt.php file in root directory of pi, I'm going around in circles.

• Inquirer
  • Reading your post now @Jamie mccrostie  , same kind of run around here.. I dont have the vd installed , looking into this now.

As far as i understand the flow i requested/ sent from @10der should run when the mqtt connects, independent of a vd ?

Anyway, i dont have a pi and i can't get the mqtt palette to work and see now that i have issues when i try to install mosca (terminal loading node-red-contrib-mqtt-broker gives me all kinds of errors).

I dont want to veer off on another course with hours of learning terminal commands but maybe it's needed ?

I will look at the vd , and preinstalled mqtt node  again , have you tired an independent mqtt service like mqtt box?

Agree that the info is diffuse, to say the least, and getting this up and running is time consuming, circles of trial and error with npm installs /brew/ and now mqtt . Sometimes wish there was a step by step instruction or a one time install app.

Don't have it working yet but will use a few more nights b4 i give up.

Thanks to both of you for getting me this far.

Edited by MARCUSP.I.L

1 hour ago, MARCUSP.I.L said:

mosca

I think dont use mosca it’s different purpose  delete it and its settings otherwise it keeps starting and stoping in background

you can see this in node red terminal.

On palette far right drop Menu  the config nodes settings are saved, select and delete there.

Use std mqtt node 

Ive got “ mqtt box”set up on lap top and can send debug message between node red broker and lap top and vicer verser. So now kind of understand how mqtt works.

Thats why I figured you needed the mqtt bridge installed in vd as a client in HC2

Of course im guessing all this from my trial and error