Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Node Red integration with hc2 SOLVED

MARCUSP.I.L

Question

I wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction to find help with setting up basic node red structures for hc2? using node-red-contrib-fibaro-hc2 by @10der .I have a node red flow which turns on my tv , turns on netflix or youtube or live tv , all with wol command.

I want to run this from a device or scene from hc2. I can post from node red to hc2 -no problem but can't find a way to get commands from hc2, any ideas ??

Edited by MARCUSP.I.L

@10der  So you said mqtt input node topic home/# means that node is listening to all home topic messages in home topic OK.

Curious why, as in sample device fow sent to you, I still get first pole correct followed by error debug messages?

Thanks

Which keep coming even after depug in that flow disabled and deployed. They only stop after altering home/# topic?

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

• Inquirer
  • Big thanks to @10der and @Jamie mccrostie for getting this far, this flow seemed to work straight out of the box, got value of device and power consumption. But every so often the flow keeps adjusting the light level of the light-device i have in my flow, stable for 10 minutes and then keeps changing light level up and down.

I think i at least located a problem within the flow ? It seems the topic wildcard # picks up all events relating to device. A scene with my device in it started the level changing event , mentioned above , and it looks like the flow ran through all the light levels associated with different scenes,  setting the device ,temporarily to that light level? 

The flow "locked " up the device and it was constantly synchronizing , had to stop flow, restart hc2.

Looking at filtering this mqtt wildcard to + in first level, so i only read the device attributes at light value level. Finally, thanks to @10der for all of you assistance , will post again if i make any headway.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_05/1571876126_Skjermbilde2019-05-06kl_20_29_12.png.50887a8f783ee4e484d8b400fdf56c29.png" />

Edited by MARCUSP.I.L

I'm having my own issues, trying to get email node working. Unfortunately I use my email address for hc2 and when i set up email node with email password and after hitting deploy it changes password to my hc2 password used in Hc2 server node.

At first i thought it was browser but I've turned off auto password's in chrome and even  loaded a fresh copy of firefox which I've never used and it still does it.

It must be within node red but I can't see any setting related to it.

@MARCUSP.I.L Do you have single device flow working as @10der's example?

mine , with topic set as home/#flow sends first return correctly then errors.

Device search only works is topic home/# changed.

Hc2 flow working as expected.

• Inquirer
  • Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_05/1665750339_Skjermbilde2019-05-08kl_00_53_23.png.e62eeef6851527a2f9eed2049d7e85f7.png" />Yep, @Jamie mccrostie, imported  flow fom @10der , put in a mosca , followed instructions and put in topic home/#. 

Put this project aside yesterday , looking now i see my problem ? I left debug node on from mosca .

Turn this off, only debug from device....

Trying again now and all looks good, getting number(level) value in debug screen.

Scratch all i said about adjusting the wildcard.. Thanks again to @10der

Edited by MARCUSP.I.L
    • Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Thanks again @10der for all of you assistance with node red , everything is working and the feedback time from devices is fantastic. Thanking you again.

Edited by MARCUSP.I.L

1st 

my node red  node used official api from Fibaro 

this api also called when you opening Fibaro UI in browser 

no other ps calling 

so if your browser not make troubles my node red node also can’t affect any Zwave routing etc for your HC  

one thing it’s polling time in inject node - recommend value is 3-5 sec (but Fibaro in browser used 1 sec lol)

So, I can’t understand how  my node can affect HC and make issue /delays / etc for your HC

about calling nice red work flow 

1st You do not need to develop additional action for it - all events for pressing button in VD etc coming via HC2 server to node-red as message with I’d of VD etc 

so just hook VD Id In node red  and do what your want 

2bd as alternative you make call from your VD to node red site (as I can see you already setuped end pound for call get lgmesseages) 

Edited by 10der

@MARCUSP.I.L if you provide in private messages your all flows in node red - I can trying to make feedback if you want of course 

2 minutes ago, MARCUSP.I.L said:

You mentioned that browser might cause freezes on system , can you recommend a site i can read to learn about this.

Sorry. Your question is not clear for me cuz I mentioned standard Fibaro UI in browser 

if you turn in development tools in browser you can see how Fibaro request and grab every second all events from HC2 

• Inquirer
  • Gotcha,  will study what's going on there and see if something is unusual, thanking you as always for your time and assistance.

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Hei again  @10der, been away for a while and wondered if i could contact you about your node-red-contrib-fibaro-hc2.

What practical applications can you use with the nodes ?

Have read a lot now and have a good understanding of contrib-hc2.

Thanks again 

Edited by MARCUSP.I.L

1st pic totally wrong. did not read after this point ;) 

• Inquirer
  • Sorry @10der, was working with this last night and put wrong wires on node. 

Enables other nodes to read payload / split/switch etc. Fantastic.

Greatly appreciate all of your time and help.

Edited by MARCUSP.I.L

@MARCUSP.I.L 1sy node MUST be like this

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_07/image.png.2d4352e9618f318bd2b2b4b2c86be46d.png" />

do not connect any nodes to HC2 except where otherwise expressly indicated

only MQTT OUT.

@MARCUSP.I.L I do not know how works your termostat and I have no truck with Nora.

Nora? :)

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• Inquirer
  • @10der, nice picture - remember the 80's ?? Wonder if his necklace is turned around and says ARON , who is beside him ??

Just playing with the idea of sending commands from Google Home Assistant to Node red and then to HC2.

Will try some more to get this working.

Lights-Scenes-thermostats working now with Nora to Hc2 contrib by @10der.

Fantastic. Really appreciate all help, i'm a real newbie when it comes to coding - been reading a lot and experimenting , learning all the time. :)

Thanks as always.

799409312_Skjermbilde2019-07-02kl_15_26_05.png.c83f4fee7d2fb5a0302d2c5ac27fb33d.png

Edited by MARCUSP.I.L