Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alexa skill does not find any devices

missenberger

Question

Good evening everybody,

i had some problems with the Alexa skill lately, so I decided to delete all scenes and devices in the Alexa app and deactivate and activate the skill again.

So far, so good. I could connect the skill again, but Alexa could not find any device. I have round about 100, but none of them was found. After 10 times searching for devices, deactivating the skill and activate it again, I had at least 70 of my scenes found, but the devices are still missing.

I found a support document from fibaro, that defined a minimum software version, remote access and that the home center is listed on first position on home.fibaro.com. I checked all three things... no problem here.

Why does Alexa not find any devices?

Some ideas?

Best regards

Michael

• Like 1

Fibaro skill activated and Alexa does not find a single device. I tried several times without luck. On the other hand all Hue devices and one Sonos device was found every time.

Any news or advice on this topic? HC2 with latest software and about 50 z-Wave devices, most of them Fibaro.

Me too....
after trying to show alexa a new scene created in hc2 v4.580 i got lost on alexa 48 devices and 7 hc2 scenes ....

Fresh skill enabled - Showing 13 from total number of 90+ on HC2. Basically not detecting any new scene

Over weeks now my situation is unchanged, Support closed my tickets  without solving  the issue.

It‘s a shame ... Customers stay with Fibaro and invest in their expensive new homecenter and left alone at the end of the day.

Daily workflows, commands for my smarthome will be initiated by the Alexa connection ... none of the migrated devices, only partial scenes discovered ...nothing which can be solved by my own. The ‚integration, feature does not work and I expect a database issue in the Fibaro ID Cloud System. It looks like that the integration markup is retained on my old hc2. 

I am really dissatisfied with the support quality and mentioned this already. Raised issue ticket with HC3 are  most time closed without solving them. 

same problem !! it no longer finds any devices and no scenes

Edited by Fra

L'ho risolto caricando un backup precedente alla 4.600.
Trova tutti i dispositivi e le scene.
poi ho ricaricato il backup 4.600. tutto ok

Edited by Fra

Do you still have problems with Google Assistant / Alexa not finding any devices when linking Fibaro Smart Home to the assistant/home management app?

For me, it links fine but "No devices were found in your Fibaro Smart Home account". Integrations are active at home.fibaro.com

Edited by Neuroverse

I had a similar issue - If you have 2 (Two) Fibaro's HC's set up in the Fibaro remotte it will only connect to the default (first one) - remove the unwanted Controller from the Fibaro Remote 

Please login or register to see this link.

Same issue here – Alexa doesn’t discover devices nor scenes. Tried every idea which I could find on Internet:

• confirmed HomeCenter is on-line and with integrations active,
  • disabled and re-enabled skill in Alexa,
  • soft reconfigured devices,
  • changed DNS in HomeCenter to 8.8.8.8,
  • rolled to older back-ups (from time when Alexa was discovering devices and earlier, with Fibaro software versions 4.590, 4.600, 4.611, 4.620),
  • restored HomeCenter to factory settings through recovery,
  • restored Alexa echo dot to factory settings and signing in with new Amazon account,
  • removed HomeCenter from Fibaro ID and added to new FibaroID.

Reported the issue to Fibaro, they’ve been working over 5 weeks on it, still no success.

Any other ideas to try?

1 godzinę temu, Thomson100 napisał:

Same issue here – Alexa doesn’t discover devices nor scenes. Tried every idea which I could find on Internet:

• confirmed HomeCenter is on-line and with integrations active,
  • disabled and re-enabled skill in Alexa,
  • soft reconfigured devices,
  • changed DNS in HomeCenter to 8.8.8.8,
  • rolled to older back-ups (from time when Alexa was discovering devices and earlier, with Fibaro software versions 4.590, 4.600, 4.611, 4.620),
  • restored HomeCenter to factory settings through recovery,
  • restored Alexa echo dot to factory settings and signing in with new Amazon account,
  • removed HomeCenter from Fibaro ID and added to new FibaroID.

Reported the issue to Fibaro, they’ve been working over 5 weeks on it, still no success.

Any other ideas to try?

send me pm with support ticket

It took some time to find the cause of the issue, I've spent dozens of hours on Amazon support chat (literally dozens of hours, have been switched between multiple consultants, they've been telling they'd escalate the issue to technical team and would return to me with an answer within 48h, but they didn't. Very poor experience) and significant amount of time with Fibaro Team who was really involved and found the issue.

The issue was caused by one of my devices (gate controller, Nice BiDi-Zwave) - hiding it in Fibaro (advanced options of device -> this device is not shown in the system) caused that all devices and scenes visible in Home Center have been discovered by Alexa. This causes that the gate controller cannot be discovered by Alexa, but per info on official site, Alexa does not support Nice devices connected to HC2 which I have (HC3 would be needed to connect gate controller to Alexa), so it's OK from my perspective.

Fibaro Team told they'll be working to fix the issue so hiding devices wouldn't be needed, but wanted to share the solution just in case if someone suffers similar issue right now.