Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGMS001 update fail every time

Pcg

Question

Hi All,

I bought 5 Fibaro motion sensor FGMS001. 3 of them was updated fine to version 2.8 and work fine, but the last 2 cannot be updated from version 2.7 to 2.8. I tried every suggestion from forum, (place at 20 cm from hc2, use external 3v power supply, stop the scene that use motion sensor, soft reconfiguration, remove and add again, restart the HC2).The behavior is strange, sometime the update fail in the first step, other time pass the first step and stop before final.

I mention that I use HC2 - 4.540 version and the first 3 sensors was updated with HC2 version 4.530. I use 30 fibaro devices, multiple scenes and virtual devices without any other issue.

Could you please, confirm if someone have the same problem and if you found a solution ?

Best regards,

Cristian

Edited by Pcg
Mistake

3 answers to this question

Hello,

Same problem here.

Motion sensor update from 2.6 to 2.8

Allways: 

ID 260: OK. The device will initiate the firmware update of the target specified in the meta data.

Please need Help.

Thank you

Edited by chiwawa

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

Finally managed to do it.

Please find bellow the step for upgrade motion sensor from 2.7 firmware to 2.8 and HC2 version 4.540

1.Restart HC2

2.Place Fibaro Motion sensor 2 m away from HC2 with external power source 3.3 V

3.Use Reconfigure device option from Advanced menu of the Fibaro motion sensor (not soft reconfigure device)

4.Start update and follow the normal update instruction.

5.Done.

Regards,

Cristian

Thanks for your effort Pcg,

I tried it and it's letting me update untill 50% and than it gives me the error "waiting for communication" and the sensor light isnt blinking anymore. 

I found out that when I reconnect the sensor (pushing 3 times untill the light is getting blue) the update continues. 

So far so good. 

Edited by remoke