Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HCL does not start, boot. Power LED is flashing / blinking

Al Yakuzo

Question

hello,

I have the following problem:

After power black out, the system is unable to reboot. The power led is flashing / blinking continuously. No other led is flashing. HCL is not working and cannot be reached. 

I also tried to reach recovery mode, this also does not work. Has anybody an idea? 

Greetings

13 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • @Danial I measured the power supply, the output only gave me 6-7 volt. I than walked around and searched for a compatible power plug. That was not easy, 12V with 1A is not often or the connection does not fit. In the end I found a power supply for my internet router with the correct parameters and connection.

Tadaaaaa: it works again!!! Thank you for your hint. I really didn't expect a power supply to be able to give the wrong output voltage. So I didn't check that direction. 

Greetings to New Zealand!

@T.Konopka this info might also be helpful for your support. Mail contact with support incl. description of the problem only resulted in the request to send the device to Poland. This is reasonable for me, when the behaviour was not known before. Also thank you to you!

• Inquirer
  • @T.Konopka good evening T.Konopka. I'm addressing you directly, because you were very helpful the last time in the forum. I hope, you are available and may give a hint to my question above. Especially the meaning of the flashing "power" LED can help.

Greetings from Al Yakuzo.

@Al Yakuzo , blinking Power LED does not respond to any of known issues.

I advise you to contact our Support ([email protected]) or even warranty service ([email protected]) if the gateway is not reachable.

If you cannot login or even boot the gateway then I am not able to help in any way.

Also, can you record the gateway showing the blinking LED? I would like to forward it to the team.

Have you got another power supply to test the home center with? just to rule out the power supply was not damaged during the black out?

• Inquirer
  • I will take a look at my power plugs, if there is a compatible. I would expect a power plug to work correctly or not work at all, but I am not sure. Thank you for the idea, it is worth trying. 

• Inquirer
  • @T.Konopka I attached a video with HCL and the flashing power led. I hope it helps you and your team.

Greetings

On 5/11/2019 at 10:16 AM, Al Yakuzo said:

I measured the power supply, the output only gave me 6-7 volt. I than walked around and searched for a compatible power plug. That was not easy, 12V with 1A is not often or the connection does not fit. In the end I found a power supply for my internet router with the correct parameters and connection.

Tadaaaaa: it works again!!! Thank you for your hint. I really didn't expect a power supply to be able to give the wrong output voltage. So I didn't check that direction.

That is good news, that it is power supply.

Once we discovered that end-customers made HC2 not-functional and we thought it was power supply (one of the expensive projects). So with UPS in place HC2 magically started to work with all power supplies we tried and was RMAd to us. So issue was somewhere in junction-box.

Hi there!

I have the same problem of 

Please login or register to see this link.

..the flashing power led! can someone help us?

• Inquirer
  • 3 hours ago, Colombo said:

Hi there!

I have the same problem of 

..the flashing power led! can someone help us?

@Colombo Hi Colombo, I wrote down my solution in the forum, have you tried this:

" I measured the power supply, the output only gave me 6-7 volt. I than walked around and searched for a compatible power plug. That was not easy, 12V with 1A is not often or the connection does not fit. In the end I found a power supply for my internet router with the correct parameters and connection. Tadaaaaa: it works again!! "

I hope it works also for you.

Hello guys,

I faced the same problem with power black out, but unlike of @Al Yakuzo my HCL Leds are blinking from the center to the edges and vice versa.

I tried the force reset via "+" button, but this also did not helped.

Has anybody an idea how can I access my HCL to try to recover it?

• Inquirer
  • @TonyStark hello Tony Stark, please take a look at this page. May be your situation (recovery mode, possibly with IP reset to  192.168.81.1) described here.

Greetings

Hallo Ich besitze eine Hcl Lite mit Softwareversion 4550,seit einige zeit ist auf version 4580 Aktualisiebar,l hab Mehrmals versucht Leider ohne erfolg das Update zu Überspielen,alle leuchten am Gerät
     blinken  blau von aussen nach innen und das Hcl lite ist nicht mehr erreichbar,hab versucht mit recovery option ohne erfolg.Kann mir jemand helfen?