Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

any news regarding Air Conditioners... Fujitsu, Daikin, Mitsubishi?

dimae

Question

Hi all,

I have been reading an hour here and I can't find a "standard" way for controling Air conditioners. Could you please help me to sort this out this info?

I would like to buy some machine, but I preffer to make something more standard. What I have learned here is that:

- Almost any brand doesn't have API REST support. --> Is that correct?

- Some brands are not using standard IR codes, so it is not possible to control them by Globalcache, Remotec, Broadlink RM2, mini...)  --> is that correct?

- There are some middle-point equipment that make like gateway due this lack of standards, like

Please login or register to see this link.

--> is that correct?

My ideal goal would be to control easyly from a VD from Fibaro... If not, I can try to control it by Broadlink RM2, but I guess I will lose some a lot of useful thiings like back return information etc.

Do you recommend any brand in particular? I need to start from scratch so I would really like if you can share with us your advice :-)

Thanks a lot in advance

Edited by dimae

Hi @dimae ,

I have just purchased 

and I plan to integrate it with HC2 since it has open API. They claim that it works with all types of AC units that have IR remote controls. Reviews confirm that claim.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you @Sankotronic if you have bought it, then is a warranty for success... I will follow your steps then :-) Please, could you keep us updated? I think I will buy 2

17 minutes ago, dimae said:

Thank you @Sankotronic if you have bought it, then is a warranty for success... I will follow your steps then :-) Please, could you keep us updated? I think I will buy 2

Hi @dimae ,

I will keep you informed and will make it available as soon as I make it and tested it.

I have recently bought the Sensibo Sky version.

I am very mutch impressed

It recognise my older airco on IR.

It even has an option i didnt know i had on my remotecontroller (Fan).

The app itself works pretty quick.

I am just strucling to get the api etc.

I dont have the knowledge jet to code it in lua.

I am waiting for anyone to post one ;-)

Hopefully Sanktronic will come to the rescue

@Sankotronic Maybe i can help testing...

Edited by Ibie

I've made my own VD using Broadlink RM2 works really well. I just do simple HEAT COOL AUTO OFF though.

Anyone tested the AC with IP2IR Infra Red Itach and Fibaro HC2?

I have a really unusual AC and seems all devices that can act with IR must be preoconfigured with an existing AC model. The IP2IR seems to listen the IR waves and transforms it to a logic code to be executed by fibaro. So you can program every command from your IR controller.

@Ultimattum, we have used sollution with Global Cache few times. Last times it was Toshibas (ugh). Then we started to use Remotec ZXT-600 as native Z-Wave-to-IR sollution for AC.

Also this seems to be pretty handy for AC:

25 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

@Ultimattum, we have used sollution with Global Cache few times. Last times it was Toshibas (ugh). Then we started to use Remotec ZXT-600 as native Z-Wave-to-IR sollution for AC.

Also this seems to be pretty handy for AC:

Wow, that coolmaster seems pretty interesting, but im stuck in the same problem, my AC is a rare one (Kosner) and seems none device has support for this one, thats why i supposed to "copy" the AC ir controller and execute the comands with a Z-wave IR bridge.

17 minutes ago, Ultimattum said:

my AC is a rare one (Kosner)

And i thought Toshibas are pain in the back.

Also, Remotec ZXT-600 has possibility to learn IR codes. Sure, you can use Global Cache, that one is great for IR codes and i love it for A/V as official integration mostly do not have direct Input codes for TVs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

And i thought Toshibas are pain in the back.

Also, Remotec ZXT-600 has possibility to learn IR codes. Sure, you can use Global Cache, that one is great for IR codes and i love it for A/V as official integration mostly do not have direct Input codes for TVs.

Didnt know this, ill give a try, the device seems cheap so if it doesnt work it will not be a serious lose

Thanks for the tip!

11 minutes ago, Ultimattum said:

Thanks for the tip!

No problem.

12 minutes ago, Ultimattum said:

Didnt know this, ill give a try,

You can check procedure in manual (link below) and i suggest to use this on 4.542 beta as on 4.540, you cannot set parameters via standard UI, but via API. It is solved in 4.542 beta. Or you can wait till 4.550 pops out.

Link to manual:

• Like 1

Blastbot also has a wide database of IR products, you can also learn IR commands to the product and it already integrated with FIBARO. 

There is one VD on the marketplace, it's called for "LG" but it can simply be used for every IR device. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 6:12 AM, NovaG said:

I've made my own VD using Broadlink RM2 works really well. I just do simple HEAT COOL AUTO OFF though.

HI

how did you create the VD?

On 1/7/2020 at 10:23 PM, MarcoTorino71 said:

HI

I just use an MQTT API that someone made and send commands via HTTP that get converted to MQTT and sent to the device.

It's easy to send HTTP GET commands even using a HCL.

Edited by NovaG

Support for Daikin Wifi is available on this forum.  No need for IR devices.

I wish Fibaro would bring out a plugin though, since one has been available for several years...

On 5/24/2019 at 7:12 AM, NovaG said:

Interesting how... via bridge ?! It’s ok 

cuz my native solution for HC2 lack of crypto and I am use sign for packages via calling external php call

On 1/7/2020 at 1:23 PM, MarcoTorino71 said:

HI

I have post source code for VD and scene 

On 1/19/2020 at 1:03 AM, 10der said:

Interesting how... via bridge ?! It’s ok 

cuz my native solution for HC2 lack of crypto and I am use sign for packages via calling external php call

I have post source code for VD and scene 

I'm using a Broadlink bridge, so it sends the IR commands. I use a HCL. Why do I need crypto?