Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Basics of Scene interface

knuth

Question

After having done a few scenes (LUA scripts) I am a little confused by some of the options offered by the HC2 interface. Here are three examples:

1. The overview

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_05/image.png.a1da0bb8051527cdbcd5716814e81a47.png" />

Some of this is obvious, like the scene name and the number of instances currently running. But why do the last two scenes, both running, show different run/stop buttons? And what does the on/off slider signify? I have successfully started scene 3, even though it shows "off". I have also tried to set it to "on", but it goes back to "off". Question: How are these two buttons, on/off and run/stop to be interpreted and used?

2. The detailed view

image.png.3a98bfe69fe4f2838cde8592f33b2baf.png

This view raises several questions:

• Category: Is this category ever used for anything? 
  • Max running instances: In my LUA scripts I normally include tests like this: if fibaro:countScenes() > 1 then ... to abort the script if more than one is running. Does that make this number insignificant?
  • Run scene Manual/Automatic: The trigger in the LUA script (or a lack of trigger) dictates how the scene is started. For a standard manual script without trigger, what difference does the man/auto setting make? And for a script with %%autostart is it necessary to set the Run scene selector to Automatic as well? 
  • Do not allow alarm...: My interpretation is that all scenes that are alarm related should check this box, all other scenes should not. By alarm related, I mean scenes that are triggered by an alarm. Is this good practice?
Edited by knuth

2 answers to this question

Hei, have look at this site, covers most of your questions + many other topics, thought it might help 

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks, @MARCUSP.I.L , that's an interesting site that I was not aware of. I have now read through the entire section on Fibaro LUA programming and failed to find any references to the questions I had, which are related to the Fibaro HC interface once a scene is established and running. The Synesis site focuses on how to program and trigger scenes. Did I miss something?

Anybody else who would like to take a look and provide some guidance?