Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Light sensitivity issue

fdsjkl

Question

I've been trying Fibaro, Dome and Aeon Multisensor for the past few days to decide which to use in my new house. There just isn't one that's perfect.

The only issue with Fibaro is lux report, after tinkering with all parameters related to the lux level report, I just can't get a accurate reading from it. When I have 1 light on in the room, while Aeon and Dome sensor report around 20 lux, Fibaro reports 2 lux. 2 lights on, the other two reports around 50 lux, Fibaro reports 18.

Could it be a faulty sensor? I've attached my settings as below, reason I'm setting some parameters so low is so I can get faster report for my experimenter. I also intent to connect it to mains power(Any guide on that would be highly appreciated). 

Off topic review of the other 2 sensor:

Aeon: comparing 3 sensors side by side, this one is the slowest to triggering the light despite being connected to USB power supply vs battery on the other 2.

Dome: works very well, similar reaction time as Fibaro, only lux and motion(all I really need for most places). With HC2, you need to add all the parameters manually, Dome manual says value has to be hex, but HC2 only takes digits as value. So, haven't figured out a way to configure this sensor.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 answers to this question

Hi, I have had th esame Fibaro lux report is not constant in the low area 0-50.

My living room is more bright as the dinning room but mostly for Fibaro its other wise.

Mainly I use the value from out side (Steinel) more reliable

• Inquirer
  • I lined up all 4 of my Fibaro sensor next to each other and tested their lux value side by side, 2 of them read near identical value and 1 is substantially higher , the other substantially lower.

Unlike Aeotec sensor which you can calibrate lux value, I found lux reading on Fibaro very unreliable.