Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

GPS still not working!!!!,

Alex Rob

Question

Hello sine nearly one year I’m still waiting that gps is getting functionally but I see it still don’t work......

could Fibaro please fix it? Is it fixed but my is still not working?

14 answers to this question

Hi there.

I would like to draw your attention to the Apple "find my device" functionality which can be used to track iOS users (sorry Android guys and girls). There is working sample here:

Please login or register to see this link.

and one more working solution

which based on the first link. I used it for years and it works perfectly and doesn’t not consume the battery!

Do you think it is possible to make LUA scene based on above solution or add new functionality to Fibaro HC 2?

PS: above solution also can be used to send alert messages to iOS devices using native functionality.

Thre is even LUA script for this: 

Now trying to make it works...

Version 4.543 BETA

Resolved issues:

• Remote support is always enabled and does not turn off automatically after 7 days.
  • Update is not downloaded in recovery mode after selecting option: repair system.

Where does it say GPS is fixed? 

•  

• Inquirer
  • Earlier versions was I mentioned I guess that it should be fixed! I just refereeing that this function still not works. 

Thanks for the links I will try this out. 

Edited by Alex Rob

@Alex Rob , if you still experience the issues with GPS then I apologize for them.

Can you share what seems to be an issue that you experience?

The topic has been moved from "

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

• Inquirer
  • I had several times reached out and some members in the forum tried to help a lot I could never get it working since I bought Fibaro. 

If i use IFTTT I could trigger a scene by reaching home but this was not enough because I always trigger the scene even when the scene should not trigger anything at day light. 

My problem is that my home center 2 did not get my gps polling / position. All settings are right I postet a lot of screens in a different post. There I got confirmation that it should work but I does not. 

Got an apple I pad air 2 iPhone 8 and a Samsung device none is working. 

I reached out to Fibaro support and they told me they are aware about this issue and will fix it one time. Did not got any further information about it. 

• Like 1

I too would like to know when GPS functionality will be fixed?

I've tried all guides, settings etc and both the new and old android apps yet my user accounts still show HasGPS = false

Here what I collect for you:

Way 1: Check the Location Services
    Way 2: Turn LTE Off
    Way 3: Reset Network Settings
    Way 4: Restore Your iPhone
    Way 5: Soft Reset Your iPhone
    Way 6: Repair with No Data Loss - Joyoshare UltFix iOS System Recovery/Repair/Fixppo...

I've got 3 different android phone & home centre 2 and I can't get any of them to work.

Is there a check list that anyone has used and got there GPS to trigger and work?

Do you guys experience the same that yes GPS is working since version 4.570 but not consistently.

For me I mostly may only have 5 or even 0 data points per day, although my polling interval is set to 1 minute.

Hence triggering of scenes is very unreliable.

I have 2 iphones in use and behaviour is same for both.

For me, GPS tracking hasn't worked ever in triggering scenes. There was a time that i could, more or less, see on the location page see where I had been that day (interesting !) but it never worked to trigeer a scene.

On 7/20/2020 at 1:51 PM, wienog said:

For me, GPS tracking hasn't worked ever in triggering scenes. There was a time that i could, more or less, see on the location page see where I had been that day (interesting !) but it never worked to trigeer a scene.

If you see data points of your mobile it should work at least sometimes. Before version 4.570 I had the same behaviour though