Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Solved]Motion Sensor too many instances, how to fix?

Alex Rob

Question

Hello, since I bought Fibaro and connected movement sensor for controlling lights to turn on and off I get a failure message with too many instances. 

Im wondering what is wrong and why do i get this message? Block scenes tried also lua to convert same error.

have one in the basement for turning on off the light. When the movement is detected light should be turned off after 15 min. 

Have one light sensor outside if lux is over 3 turn off outside light. Now it’s light all day I got a delay of 5 min. 

Could anyone please help ? :) 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Alex Rob

7 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • 13 hours ago, kroeatschge said:

hi @Alex Rob,

you don't need a scene for this at all.

You also get quicker response times if you use assoziations instead.

BR - kro

Thanks for your advice. So basically I don’t need a scene then I just pull a association directly to the light source ?

but why is a message showing with too many instances? Is it not possible to control by a scene without getting this message?

i actually got a association inside my sensor on group 2 ticked the box for single channel.

• Inquirer
  • I see there are not soo many people helping out :)

I just took my motion sensor for a test run.

I did several test by changing parameters on my motion sensor. Reason for too many instances is that i connected the motion sensor with a scene. But this is not the problem. I need to understand that the default settings of the motion sensor is sending a lot of commands, so u have to go to settings a do changes of sending reports, depends what u need form the sensor and what it should control.

I just worked now on my sensor wich is controling my outside lights.

In my case are only to parameters relevant. 40 and 42.

Since parameter 40 is sending changes of lux i turned this funcion off. Light is changing a lot and where i get a flow of commands to my HC.

Then i tried the paramter 42 this is sending light reports even there is no change so this iam using with a interval about 30 min. This should do the work.

i guess u can do the same adjustment if u use a motion sensor by controlling temperature.

I'm not using the block scenes anymore. The sooner you get used to LUA the better, way better options.

Generally it depends what devices and events you choose as a trigger for your scene how often it is started.

As you found out already a device can fire up multiple scenes in a short time.

I usualy allow 4 instances, but limit it to 1 inside the lua script. With this have rarely the to many instances message.

Please login or register to see this code.

BR - kro

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, kroeatschge said:

I'm not using the block scenes anymore. The sooner you get used to LUA the better, way better options.

Generally it depends what devices and events you choose as a trigger for your scene how often it is started.

As you found out already a device can fire up multiple scenes in a short time.

I usualy allow 4 instances, but limit it to 1 inside the lua script. With this have rarely the to many instances message.

Please login or register to see this code.

BR - kro

Hello, thanks for your information and kind reply.

U got a big point there, it is necassary to use lua on HC2 i still dont learned it but need to learn it. I dont like the option that i got only one then function in block scenes so if i like to controll my system i gonna need to learn it by lua coding....

Did not find a good guide specially for lua coding on fibaro i belive there are big diffrent by commands.

it's not difficult to learn.

with only a few commands you can get quite far.

You can start here for a fibaro specific introduction to lua:

Please login or register to see this link.

BR

• Inquirer
  • On 6/12/2019 at 7:33 AM, kroeatschge said:

it's not difficult to learn.

with only a few commands you can get quite far.

You can start here for a fibaro specific introduction to lua:

BR

Thanks for the Tipp.

Vielen lieben Dank @kroeatschge