Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Motion Sensor - Homekit - Automatisation with temp/light sensor not possible?

Stony500

I'm using Apple HomeKit for my smart home. Just bought 2 x Fibaro Motion Sensor - HomeKit with the intent to use the light (and perhaps temp) sensor to control my shades. However it seems that only the motion sensor showing up in the Apple HomeKit Automatization. Can see this has been an issue in older threads but seems to still be an issue - is that correct and is there a solution on this? I do not want to use other application like Eve or Fibaro App - Sensors should be fully compatible with Apple HomeKit without use of any other applications etc (or am I wrong?)

Also saw in an old thread that it only report changes if Lux value change more that 200 Lux - which of cause is unusable. Is that still the case or has that been solved as well?

Let me if you can help to solve this fast as I'll have to return the products within 10 working days to get the payment back... 

Also - if this is still an issue - do you have an alternative to make automatization based on Lux?

All the best, Cheers, Steen

Edited by Stony500

• 2 weeks later...

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

On 6/6/2019 at 9:41 PM, Stony500 said:

only the motion sensor showing up in the Apple HomeKit Automatization

I don't know how to answer you this, because Apple Home is not our app and it was created by Apple ;) We are not responsible how Apple shows our devices in their app.

Sensors should be fully compatible with Apple HomeKit without use of any other applications

HomeKit is a platform, not only the app. Our devices are fully compatible and they are certified by Apple. There is nothing more we can do from our side regarding compatibility as we are fully compatible according to Apple standards.

Lux value change more that 200 Lux

The device operates according to HomeKit standards. And yes, it reports the change at min. 200 lux and min 2° C. This information is available in the manual

if this is still an issue

Well, I think that it is not an issue. It is the way the HomeKit platform works.

to make automatization based on Lux?

- we prepared a tutorial for creating automations in our app.

Alternatively, you can check Apple's support article