Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sanity Check - a scene to help you set "sane" options on your HomeCenter

petergebruers

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, teeften said:

Might seem a silly question but what does the "ep 0", "ep 1" etc after each device mean?..

Endpoint. It is a Z-Wave specific thing.

5 minutes ago, Momos said:

In the description i see it is compatible with HC3, however it fails on the fist debug.  Anything i am missing please ?

It does not run on HC3, but you can run the script on your PC and then it is (mostly) compatible with HC3

I am no longer maintaining this script due to health problems. The script needs a new owner and he/she can decide to make a HC3 compatible version ;)

Awww i wish you to get back to 100% as soon as possible :)   hopefully someone skilled will pick it up . Cheers Peter :)

• 7 months later...

Are the device IDs region specific? I tried running this on an AU HC2 and 61 of 71 devices were not found. 

As an example, a Fibaro dimmer not found:

Please login or register to see this code.

Any tips on what to change in the def? I saw this discussed to a degree in earlier posts, but I am sorry I did not follow....

• 2 years later...

The SanityCheck v1.5.1  recommendation for FGD212 Dimmer 2 on my HC2 is:

However, one cannot set the value to "0". The minimum value that can be set = 1% as per the below:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_01/1208815214_Screenshot2023-01-31at22_31_25.png.55fbf45f7bc605371cf86acaffd664b0.png" />

I'm, however, not sure that 1% is the correct/optimal value. If I look at the description for this parameter I suspect something such as 10%  would be a better value? What is the correct value or what am I missing? 

• Topic Author
  • 9 hours ago, nicopret said:

what am I missing? 

Select the option below that slider, it reads "0 - reports disabled"

9 hours ago, nicopret said:

I suspect something such as 10%  would be a better value?

I cannot answer that, because I do not know what you want to do with the power reports and how many you want. If you do not need them then 0 is the best setting. Remember what I said about this script:

On 6/9/2019 at 10:29 AM, petergebruers said:

What does it do? It loops over all devices and applies a set of "rules" and gives advice.

It is advice - not law

58 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

Select the option below that slider, it reads "0 - reports disabled"

Thank you for the clarification @petergebruers and a very useful script. I suspected it is what the recommendation advises, but wanted to make sure that I don't have a misunderstanding. What confused me was that if the setting is disabled (set to "0"), the recommendation advises to enable it, but if I enable it, the closest value to "0" that one can set is "1%". However, since my main aim is to reduce unnecessary traffic, a change of 1% will result in more frequent reports which is not what I want. 

Can you perhaps also comment on the differences between the default hidden slave devices between older FGS212/222 vs FGS223 raised in another forum question I raised? Would you also recommend that I disable unused relays (i.e. where I use only one of the relays on a double switch) in addition to them being hidden?

Sorry maybe a stupid question, but how do I check if HC2 is in association group: 3 as per the Info message below? Also what is the significance of this? I clearly still have a lot to learn :-)

If I go to advanced tab for device I don't see any Group 3 setting anywhere, unless I click on Setting Association as per the below.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_02/image.png.df0221cb56ebae97e1fb766049d21a30.png" />

image.png.26aa77ed1434db3571716b16181b9fd4.png