Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Migrate my HC2 configuration to a brand new HC2

bdlhome

Question

I want to migrate my HC2 configuration to a brand new HC2 (I'm currently using a HC2 that a friend lent to me)

I've read the guide 

Please login or register to see this link.

and it all seems to make sense.

My question is what is the minimum I need to do to the target HC2 that is brand new. I know I need to get it up to the same firmware level and attached to the same Fibaro ID of the donor HC2 but any guidance on how to do that?  Do I just connect the new HC2 and go through setup as if it was a new configuration?

Any guidance or advice would be much appreciated as I can see the warnings about not attempting twice etc and would rather get it right.

Thanks,
Brian

3 answers to this question

Just update to the latest firmware which enables you to do cloud backup... and add both HC2 to your fibaro cloud account... do a cloud backup then

Afterwards use the cloud option to transfer the config..... The old one gets resetted in this proccess and the new gets the config.... Of course I always do an offline backup.. Just in case

• Inquirer
  •  

54 minutes ago, snoopy78 said:

Just update to the latest firmware which enables you to do cloud backup... and add both HC2 to your fibaro cloud account... do a cloud backup then

Afterwards use the cloud option to transfer the config..... The old one gets resetted in this proccess and the new gets the config.... Of course I always do an offline backup.. Just in case

Thanks for the reponse, the instructions are clear on the donor side but the part I wasn't sure is what if anything I needed to do to the New HC2. From what I've now been told, the answer is nothing, just power on and connect to the network at which point the new HC2 can be added to the cloud account.

I haven't done it yet but will report back here once I have.

i had the similar issue since my hc2 broke...luckily 1-2 weeks eariler they released 4.150 which introduced the new cloud backup function...so i bought a new hc2 updated it to latest firmware and connected it to my cloud..then i easily could "transfer" from old to new...and then back after i got it repaired...