Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Google Home STATUS

MARCUSP.I.L

Question

I sincerely hope that someone at Fibaro responds .

Having read all about the great things that can be achieved by using Google Home with Fibaro i recently purchased a Google Home mini.

I read on the official homepage for Fibaro about easy access and commands for lights , devices and scene functions.

Description   

The Google Assistant and FIBARO system work together to make FIBARO appliances even more convenient to use. FIBARO and voice control by Google will help you to control lights, cameras, thermostats, sensors, scenes and even more without lifting a finger. There won’t be a need to find your phone, use wall switches or any other remotes – just talk to your Google Assistant.

Even Google is proud to announce their partnership with Google.

So now i have used half a day to get it working and have only half of my devices registered, no scenes no heating devices etc.

The few devices i have available are also unresponsive at times and i have to repeat the commands.

So i ask, is someone  ready to release an update now or i have been tricked into buying a device that does not work ?

What i am asking in essence , can i have the correct status of Google Home and Fibaro integration, please ..

Edited by MARCUSP.I.L

2 answers to this question

Google home has a number of abilities that can be combined with Fibaro. For example, LUA scenes can not be called directly from Google assistant/google home BUT they can be used with IFTTT.

Also some devices like philips hue can be cotrolled directly from google assistant itself, so not required to be assigned by Fibaro itself.

I feel your pain sometimes about not responding fibaro devices but comparing with past, is much faster, more reliable.

Also please try to use on google home the phrase : "Hey google, sync my devices" when you add a new device under Fibaro. It may solve issues with "hidden" devices

Hope I am useful!

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for reply @FSE, i have all lighting devices on Google Home working but as you know scenes/thermostats are not available.

Had IFTTT a while back and it crashes my phone all the time ? 

Working with Node red and Nora config now , can add Scenes via Api POST   , have a thermostat visable also but haven't configured it properly yet.

I was really annoyed that i spent more money on a half finished product , reference to Fibaro advertisement..

I feel that i am being taken for granted, and that they think i will happily wait for an update or message.

Fibaro says that Google Home works with lights, scenes, thermostats etc, but it doesn't -false claim - money back please !!!

Frustrated and using time i dont have. Seriously looking for a whole new set up - where stability and ease are sentral , use my time to learn more Lua-Api etc..

Uff ,  it's not easy to get a smart house .

Thanks again