Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller Shutter 3 with Samsung smarthings hub v3

pall_gabor

Question

Hi!

I have just purchased a Samsung Smartinghings hub v3 from amazon.de and 8 Fibaro roller shutters v3. Both have z-wave certificates according to 

Please login or register to see this link.

. I had expected to connect them with ease but it was not. With some struggle and help (

) I managed to add device handler and device by

and able to connect the hub to shutter but not perfect yet. Calibration remains.

My question is. Is there or will be an official support to Samsung Smarthings hub v3 or not?  If already is then please share with us.

Thank you.

Páll, Gábor

Edited by pall_gabor
  • Like 3

7 answers to this question

Hi,

I'm just about the buy the same equipment (Smarthings hub 3 and Roller Shutter 3),

Can we get a response from Fibaro team about those questions please?

Hi Fibaro,

I bought 4 of your Roller Shutter 3 and successfully connected them to my Samsung SmartThings Hub with the manual device handler from Github (

). However, they do not act reliably. When I have the Hub send a command to all 4 of them (e.g. close at sunset) I get a random success to have all of the shutters closed. Some may stay open. I have a camera monitoring those shutters for now and close them manually when they stay open. Not a perfect solution. So far, I could not make out a pattern, yet. My guess is that it has something to do with the device handler which is not an official Fibaro release. When can we expect this, please?

Thanks

Are there any updates to this topic?

I also own 6 RS223. At the moment only one is active. I have to decide to use OPENHab or Smarthings Hub V3 from samsung. I have both at the momen. With OPENHab the RS233 ist operating as desired. I have not yet implemented rules or other logic, but it operates.

I would like to change to Smartthings b ecuse its easier to handle, but the RS233 is a must. So, any news?

Hi, I contacted SmartThings Support in parallel. They looked into my account (after I gave permission, of course) but could not spot any issue. The problem still persists and I observed this for a number of days. There is no pattern I can find. Seems pretty random. However, it might be worth noting that opening the shutter always works 100%. Just the closing is faulty.

Here is a tracking over Christmas when I was not at home:

Date Time Scenario: Jalousie Schliessen, Werktage Sonnenuntergang Shutter 1 Shutter 2 Shutter 3
2019-12-23 16:26 actual status observed through camera or own presence offen offen offen
    status as displayed on SmartThings App Wird geschlossen Wird geöffnet Wird geschlossen
2019-12-24 16:26 actual status observed through camera or own presence geschlossen offen offen
    status as displayed on SmartThings App Wird geschlossen Wird geschlossen Wird geschlossen
2019-12-25 16:26 actual status observed through camera or own presence offen offen offen
    status as displayed on SmartThings App Wird geschlossen Wird geschlossen Wird geschlossen
2019-12-26 16:26 actual status observed through camera or own presence ?? (too dark) ?? (too dark) ?? (too dark)
2019-12-28 16:26 actual status observed through camera or own presence geschlossen geschlossen offen

SmartThings Support recommended to calibrate the shutters again which I plan to do. Still, I wonder when they (or FIBARO) will release the official support for the FGR223 Roller Shutters.

I have the same problem. I am trying to migrate from eedomus to smartthings but the roller shutters are not working using the new Samsung Connect app. 

hello

Which brand of shutter you have installed?

I have also some issues inbetween smartthings / fibaro 3 / somfi shutters (cabled with internal switches)

Nice to hear from you

Francis

Hi,

I am using roller shutter motors from Schellenberg. See circuitry attached. The fibaro3 is connnected as recommended.

Btw, my SmartThings now works perfectly. Somewhere is was recommended to reset the Z-Wave network and that did the trick. I guess I messed it up by connecting/disconnecting different devices. A reset was the healing thing.

Cheers

Please login or register to see this attachment.