Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Venetian Blinds - Roller Shutter 2

sjamaBe

Question

I installed my first roller shutters, one with Venetian Blinds.  Up and and down works fine however turning the slats open and close does not work at all.

Anybody an idea why not ?

Thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

Read the manual, and make correct calibration. 

Topic of your post is Roller Shutter 2 but you writing in Roller Shutter 3 forum. Which module do you have so?

• Inquirer
  • Roller shutter 2

Callibration has been executed. Parameters seems to be correct - standard 

What part of the manual are you referring too? 

Parameters 10, 12 and 13 are important. I'm referring to part "CALIBRATING SLATS POSITIONING IN VENETIAN BLINDS"

I hope you understand how it's work. In the setup where you can use roller shutter 2 is only one motor. This motor pulling slats op and down, and in the very last moment of motor's movement near down end position turning also slats around. When you will change controlling mode to venetians blinds in parameter 10,  and then will pull blinds down, motor will stop 1,5 second before endpoint. This 1,5s of motor movement is reserved to turning slats around. You can change this time in parameter 12.

I assume that blind was working well before installing of roller shutter, I mean, when you pushed and hold button "down", slats gone down and turned..??

• Inquirer
  • Hi thanks for your feedback.

I have put parameter 10 to venetians blinds and in the app ventian blinds are shown with the directions : up/down and turning slats.  Up/down works fine with slats turning when reaching bottom.  However when pushing the buttons in the app to turn the slats ...nothing happens, no movement. I assume slats can be turned at any vertical position of the blinds ?

I never tested the blind without the roller shutter as it does not have a remote control.

I'll resume testing tomorrow.

Hello,

If you have selected Venetian blinds right after inclusion to a system, please select control-able device as roller or blind (not Venetian blinds), save settings, then change it back to Venetian blinds and calibrate.

I have experience, that after inclusion slats/lamelas do not work correctly if you select Venetian blind right after inclusion.

6 hours ago, sjamaBe said:

slats turning when reaching bottom.

It's a sign of bad calibration.

I assume slats can be turned at any vertical position of the blinds ?

No. when you have 1 motor only, it's not possible. Slats turning only in bottom position, and this is at the end of movement, just before limit switch inside the motor activates.

I never tested the blind without the roller shutter as it does not have a remote control.

I think you don't really know how it's work.... You don't need a remote control, just a cord and power outlet. Try to google how tubular motor works or something like this.

Maybe calibration of blinds limits is also necessary. 

• Inquirer
  • OK got the trick. Let the blinds roll down and when down while it's turning manually stop it. Not as fancy as expected but it works. 

Anybody an idea if and how the fibaro blinds can be controlled by Google home?