Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec Dimmer & Switches Templates

GGADS

Question

It is becoming increasingly irritating that Fibaro has failed to provide a template for full support of the Aeotec Nano Switches and Dimmers.

The Home Center 2 does not synchronise properly with the momentary switches so the lights can be off when it is still showing as on.

The energy consumption continues to increase based on the previous reading that stays "stuck" on on.

If I go to the Read Configuration option on the web interface, it will read the configuration of the device and reset all the readings.

This is the only way I know how to get it to synchronise with the device apart from pressing the off button on the App or the web interface. But even then I need to do a read configuration to get the energy monitoring status correct.

So, it seems to me this is a top selling product and it is a direct competitor to Fibaro equivalents so Fibaro is dragging its feet in providing proper universal support for z-wave. This is totally contrary to the way z-wave alliance partners should behave.

• Like 4

10 answers to this question

Hi,

when you use the wall switch to On/OFF the lights, there is no report status sent to the gateway (the status does not change on the fibaro app)

I tryed a lot of parameters... not works.

does anyone has a solution for this please?

EDIT:

I finally found it: you must set parameter 80 to 3 and the state of light is updated on the fibaro app ;)

Hope this will help...

Edited by ghali

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

• Inquirer
  • On 10/4/2019 at 8:37 AM, Andrew Lockhart said:

I’m thinking of using the dual Nano switches from AeoTec.

Are templates now available for this?

No

Just bought a nano dimmer without thinking to check if it'd work. After installing with a momentary button and having issues I checked this forum. And here we are. Poor effort on Fibaro's part.

• Like 1

Just put it back to the latching switch that used to be the light switch before I installed an automation. Set the parameter 120 to 3 ("2-state switch mode"). Not sure if that's what did it or the other parameters I set based on a manual I found online, but the momentary switch now works.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by level3ninja
    Added manual I got parameters from

Guest Jon557
    On 4/15/2020 at 12:32 AM, ghali said:

EDIT:

I finally found it: you must set parameter 80 to 3 and the state of light is updated on the fibaro app ;)

Hope this will help...

Genius! This worked for me, thanks!

Annoyingly like users on here I had to research the parameters and type them in one by one to get the nano dimmer setup but the icon would never update in the but the power consumption was reported. Made the p-80 change to 3 and it now works as it should.

I also didn't have Amperage reporting, this was fixed by turning on polling which is often off by default.

Cheers, Jon

Hello all - I am planning to buy a bunch of the aeotec nano dimmers, do they actually work ok with Home Center 2? 

On 3/28/2020 at 2:02 PM, level3ninja said:

Just put it back to the latching switch that used to be the light switch before I installed an automation. Set the parameter 120 to 3 ("2-state switch mode"). Not sure if that's what did it or the other parameters I set based on a manual I found online, but the momentary switch now works.

I also had to add parameters 131 = 1d = 20 and 132 = 1d = 99 to get the LEDs to dim in the first place. Min 20 was because my lights flicker under that percentage.

Edited by thesleepydog

I have the Australian version of the Aeotec Nano Dimmer (firmware 2.03) and I had to set parameter 80 to 3 to use with my momentary press switches (Clipsal Iconic Bell Press 40MBPRL).

I tried parameter 120 first and that didn’t seem to work for me. I am also using a Home Center 3 Lite 5.080.9