Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Plans for Firmware/Software

GGADS

Where is the road map of the features that Fibaro is intending to put into the software versions that run on the Home Center 2?

It would be good to know what Fibaro is planning as I am finding there are a lot of glitches with support for Google Home devices and Amazon Echo devices in recognising what is a light. For example, Home knows that Hue lights are lights and will control those easily from the visual interface on the Home Hub but it won't recognise z-wave lights. This is very irritating.

Also, what is the official level of support for the AutomationBridge by Skaro?

I bought the Home Center 2 for its flexibility and integration but it needs a bit of a facelift and some rethinking of how it will operate in a world where people want to use voice and not have to go to an App as much.

Anyway, it would be nice to know what the priorities are for the software updates and expected release timelines.

I should not comment as I am in the departure lounge as you enter.

That same question  has been asked many times for over six years to my knowledge without ever getting a good response.

Maybe this time it will get a response? @fibaro

• Like 1

A little more transparency and insights could perhaps prevent some of us leaving Fibaro...

It is ok if we have to wait for some functionality, if we know roughly what and when we can expect it.

The Fibaro users want to evolve too, build on the investment, but now we build on a platform with a unknown future.

This is normally where a roadmap kicks in, to keep your customers informed.

Edited by RMB

+1

I don;t know why I have the feeling that with each update, Fibaro breaks some, solves some....and like this, a never ending story. Just an example, the connection with a gateway was not an issue...until 4.540, and then they "fixed" it with this beta...

@Fibaro: can we move just forward, and not only in circles?

• Like 1

Another small example;

I use the “HomeCenter.SystemService.reboot()” command in a VD. That stopped working after a firmware update a while ago, it was fixed in a later firmware version, and now since this latest beta it seems to be broken again...

These “simple” things should be checked in a quality-control run before the software is released. Of course I know this is a beta release, and there will be failures, but this is basic functionality.

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

We do not provide a direct roadmap of features that will be implemented. However, we are always open to your suggestions and solutions.

Once we receive your remarks on how to improve our products, verify and accept them, we can notify you about the estimated time that will 

be needed to introduce these changes. I'm very sorry if some find this an inconvenient approach. 

On 7/13/2019 at 12:06 AM, cristimv said:

+1

I don;t know why I have the feeling that with each update, Fibaro breaks some, solves some....and like this, a never ending story. Just an example, the connection with a gateway was not an issue...until 4.540, and then they "fixed" it with this beta... 

@Fibaro: can we move just forward, and not only in circles? 

After one week using last beta (installed for the first time beta as a last option) today morning again crash on gateway HC2 connection.

Simple shut down did not fix it (network connection), I will try this evening to check.

Indeed, lasted for a week without a crash, but honestly I don't think they fix it.

Rg.

nice words below.  2-3 years ago you said the Netatmo Wind Gauge would be supported soon.  Still not. 

On 7/15/2019 at 11:15 AM, K.Drozynski said:

We do not provide a direct roadmap of features that will be implemented. However, we are always open to your suggestions and solutions.

Once we receive your remarks on how to improve our products, verify and accept them, we can notify you about the estimated time that will 

be needed to introduce these changes. I'm very sorry if some find this an inconvenient approach. 

Edited by erik.simonson

On 7/15/2019 at 12:15 PM, K.Drozynski said:

But do you have a road-map, a strategy, or things are just running around out of pure inertia? 

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • So here are my suggestions of improvements that Fibaro should allow:

1. open up and publish the format for templates so manufacturers of z-wave compatible devices can provide templates that bolt in and bolt out as needed.

2. support the complete Aeotec range rather than try to protect market share of Fibaro devices - z-wave is a standard not a proprietary system and Fibaro should not prefer its products over support for all wide-selling competitors. After all, it's either a good corporate citizen in the z-wave space or it's a bad player.

3. fix the glitches with power reporting for devices without templates (still not fixed as of 4.550 released a few days ago).

4. support the Skaro automationbridge fully as a gateway for superior connectivity to Google Home and Amazon Alexa

5. allow virtual devices to be specified as lights, temperature sensors, motion sensors etc so they can be set up as the devices for a room not just z-wave devices.

(this will make it possible for them to appear in the widgets in the interface for each room) - see screenshot.

6. provide a converter for pictures and photos to be icons easily rather than forcing the user to modify them to fit the standard

7. allow some energy measurements to be reset but not all.

8. rationalise the Fibaro and Home Center Apps so there is one functional interface.

Please provide timelines for these suggestions or reject them if you dare.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1