Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Motion Sensor

djashjones

Question

6 answers to this question

Hello @djashjones

How and why would you like to add motion sensor to Alexa?

Please, take a note that to control FIBARO System with Alexa you need: 

• FIBARO Home Center 2 or Home Center Lite with firmware 4.130 or newer,
  • FIBARO ID account with Home Center added,
  • Amazon Alexa device.

Here you can find how to connect Amazon Alexa with FIBARO System:  

Please login or register to see this link.

or 

Here you can find answers for Frequently Asked Questions: 

I hope this will help you start, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask ;)

Regards, 

FIBARO Team 

• Inquirer
  • Because my lighting and sockets are by Energenie, LightwaveRf and Ikea. (tried smarthings but did not like it).

I got alexa all set up with everything including my denon amp, heos speakers and harmony hub.

The only fibaro I have so far is a wall socket, motion sensor and now a dimmer. I was hoping to link the light sensor to my existing setup.

I do plan to ditch all my light switches, bulbs and wall sockets to one type thou.

To integrate Logitech Harmony with FIBARO System you can follow this link: 

but as I understand you do not have Home Center 2 or Home Center Lite. Do you have Harmony Hub Extender? 

4 hours ago, djashjones said:

The only fibaro I have so far is a wall socket, motion sensor and now a dimmer.

Have you successfully connected Walli Outlet and Dimmer? 

When it comes to pairing Z-Wave devices to Harmony Hub Extender maybe this link would help:

• Inquirer
  • Funny my profile says I have a HCL, which I do.

So my motion sensor and outlet are all working. I will set up the dimmer on my workbench this weekend. Tried your plugins the denon one does not work for me at all.

The hub is not much use to me as I have a remote and I really use it for kodi (and the TV and amp when harmony screws up the power states).

We don't watch live tv in our house so the main source is a HTPC attached to the TV which also acts a gaming pc. All my movies are stored on my NAS, Music is stored on a media server (Kodi acting as a music DNLA server only).

Just brought a Xiaomi kit to try.

For scenes I use alexa's routines, which i have 2 basic ones.

Next project is roller blinds and curtains.

After that, start reducing the number of hubs I have and decide on which brand, hubs, sensors etc to use.

I have a PADD (star trek reference there) to control/setup/tweak/monitor the house.

Edited by djashjones

You said 

On 7/23/2019 at 5:44 AM, djashjones said:

The only fibaro I have so far is a wall socket, motion sensor and now a dimmer.

that is why I got confused whether you have HC2/HCl or Harmony Hub, but thanks for clearing that up. 

3 hours ago, djashjones said:

Tried your plugins the denon one does not work for me at all.

I do not know what denon amp you have but if the plugin do not work you can control device via Virtual Device,

here is an idea how to do it: 

For scenes I use alexa's routines, which i have 2 basic ones.

Have you tried making scenes on HCL? 

There are two types of scenes avaliable on HCL:

• Magic Scenes - based on one trigger, one action scheme (if trigger appears, then action occurs) and are most intuitive to build. This scene type allows only for basic scenarios
    • Block Scenes - more powerful than magic scenes and still easy to build. Using number of available customizable blocks complex scenes can be visually created. This link can help you start 

Then, to turn on scenes you can use Alexa command “Ask/tell FIBARO to activate/set the scene, [scene name]” or “Ask/tell FIBARO to activate/set the [scene name] scene”.

Here is the list of all FIBARO skills commands in Amazon Alexa 

, I hope it will give you an idea of all the possibillities, not only with scenes. 

Next project is roller blinds and curtains.

To control roller blinds, awnings, venetian blinds, gates and other single phase, AC powered devices you can use FIBARO Roller Shutter 3. It allows precise positioning of roller blinds or venetian blind lamellas. The device is equipped with power and energy monitoring. It allows to control connected devices either via the Z-Wave network or via a switch connected directly to it. To find out more about Roller Shutter 3 check out the manual - 

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for this info, I could not find a way on the forum to add my denon (avr-x2500H) as a virtual device for HCL.