Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Greetings from Denmark

Guest Oz9els

Guest Oz9els

Hi all

A short introduction of my self:

Name is Niels, been working with IT for about 35 years. Just got a new house, and are in the process of smartifying it.

After some research it soon became clear that there was no actual competitors regarding standard protocol - The only choice was Z-Wave.

Then it was the controler... I had chosen the Fibaro Home Center 2 as the brain in my house. Looked good, with enough power and features to suit my needs.

I have started using it, and the first small step is overcomed. I have a Fibaro Dimmer 2 for my 5 LED spots in my Carport. I have made a scene to have them to light up at 75%, 30 minutes after sundown, en hour efter sun-down, they get to 10%. Finally 30 minutes before sun-up, they turn off.

Next project will be motion sensing in the bathroom. Hopefully I have a smarter house soon ;-)

I really like the interface, and I can see that soon, I have to learn the LUA programming - looks like it is relative straight forward. 

After playing around within the Fibaro universe, i REALLY do not understand, why is the Philips HUE/Ikea Trådfri "integration" so clumsy - There is no way around that HUE is the biggest in the "smart home things", so I would expect some smoother integration.

Hope to get inspired in this forum, and hopefully also assist with some inspiration myselves, eventually be able to help others..

Good to hear you got a HC2, however the only thing with Fibaro is that 3rd party support is really behind.

Hue support is 'clumsy' indeed, Nest support still not there, Netatmo sort of works (but not with newer netatmo products) and simple things like supporting RFXcom or 433 devices is still not there (after years of asking for it here). Thats the only reason I went with Homey myself instead of HC2, though in general I liked the HC2 a lot.

2 hours ago, Oz9els said:

After playing around within the Fibaro universe, i REALLY do not understand, why is the Philips HUE/Ikea Trådfri "integration" so clumsy -

Hi @Oz9els,

there is a good integration with HUE i'm using to satisfaction from @Sankotronic:

Please login or register to see this link.

47 VD's in my configuration working like a charm :-D

Enjoy home automation :-)

Guest Oz9els
  • Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, Bodyart said:

47 VD's in my configuration working like a charm :-D

Got to try that one , right away ;-) Thanks..

4 hours ago, tcviper said:

Thats the only reason I went with Homey myself instead of HC2, though in general I liked the HC2 a lot.

Hmm, hope I can live with it... Else I'll have to look for alternatives.. ;-)

Guest Oz9els
  • Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, Bodyart said:

please keep us posted, i'm very curious about your findings :-)

Just finished with setup, and everything working fine - Have one Ikea RGB, one Ikea white and one Ikea GU10 spot running with no problems :-) 

Next challenge will be incorporating the light with schedules (as mentioned I'm not into LUA programming yet ;-) But looks like I will VERY SOON...

Hi @Oz9els,

glad it's usefull for you.

Enjoy coding! :-)

There are btw plenty usefull ready made scheduling scenes here on forum like

or

you coul'd use :-D

Guest Oz9els
  • Topic Author
  • On 7/30/2019 at 9:29 PM, Bodyart said:

There are btw plenty usefull ready made scheduling scenes here on forum like

or

you coul'd use :-D

Looked at them, but what is the advantage of either ? - at first glance, it looks like at lot of config, for some functionality already at hand ??

K.r. Niels

PS Really appropriate you (and ohers) taking the time to help  a newbie ;-)