Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Relay contacts

Goran111

Question

Hello,

is it possible to configure relay contacts to be dry contacts? According to manual, it supplies 30V and 1A ... and I need just dry contacts, no voltage, no amps.

Thanks.

Goran

8 answers to this question

No if you use switch with one power input (L) for power it self and relay output like Double Relay Switch 2. For dry contacts You need to use products like Double Relay Switch (first edition) with relay input separated from module power.

• Inquirer
  • I am not sure I fully understand. I do not use any switches at all. I just want to be able to open my gate using mobile phone app. My gate motor only accepts dry contacts so I cannot connect it directly to R1 or R2 on Fibaro Intercom.

@Goran111

18 minutes ago, drboss said:

For dry contacts You need to use products like Double Relay Switch (first edition) with relay input separated from module power.

I didn't look that you are not using HC and z-wave but only intercom. Sorry 
    In Fibaro Intercom, both relays are dry. You can, for example, R1-R1 connect use in place of the button that opens the gate

• Inquirer
  • No, I do not use HC, only standalone Intercom. But what does it mean "Configurable relay outputs 30V/1A. Outputs are not designed for long-term supplying of external devices. Contacts are not connected to the ground and can be connected with any polarity." Obviously relays are providing some power. Do I miss something?

Yes this description say that relays of Intercom is prepared by Fibaro as dry contact to replace or connect in parallel to normal switch (like door opener etc) The value 30V/1A is maximum if you use relay for direct power any power receiver

• Inquirer
  • Hello,

I have detected the problem with relay and my gate. Problem is when I click the icon in the app to open the gate, relay is closed for 2 seconds. Such a long closed relay is recognized as multiple commands to gate controller and gate starts to close immediately after 2 second.

In Fibaro app I set timeout for relay contact to 1 second, but relay is still activated for at least 2 seconds. The solution for my gate would be to set relay timeout to 0.5 seconds. Is it possible somehow?