Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Telegram bot

jgab

This is a simple Telegram library for scenes. There are many examples of using Telegram to send notifications in the forum but this allows for easily writing interactive scenes.

It's still a bit rough and untested but I post it here if someone wants to play with it and maybe build a more competent bot.

Please login or register to see this code.

To start a session 

'callback' is a function you define that is called with incoming messages

To send message

A simple callback can look like this:

Here we just echo the message back to the client using the telegram:msg() function.

The 'id' in the callback contains the chat_id and BOT_KEY  that tells us where to send back the message and has to be provided as the first argument to telegram:msg.

The system persists the chat_ids and BOT_KEYS to a fibaro global (telegram._userVar) and we can thus create an id with username and BOT_KEY

which is useful if we need to send a notification when no incoming message has arrived yet.

We can also specify a custom pop-up keyboard with the message to allow for selection of pre-defined values.

So, this makes it easy to write interactive chat bots to control the home

It allows us to 'list' specified devices and globals and their values

Get the value of any device in the home table, and optionally set values

Get the value of fibaro globals, and optionally set predefined values

This is possible to extend this example for more advanced things like starting scenes etc.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_08/List.png.3be8e18f55bbee40acdeddebb056cacc.png" />kitchen.png.a67882209d08cf3ab94f016d5affe771.pngtest.png.41d04c4ae51c7762cb03238974e00510.png

Edited by jgab
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@jgabThank You very much for your invention. It`s very usefull function for comunication with our HC2 by Telegram bot. Do you know how send photo from cameras instaled in HC2 by Telegram bot ? I try it to do but I don`t know how. ?

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, Jacek Stark said:

@jgabThank You very much for your invention. It`s very usefull function for comunication with our HC2 by Telegram bot. Do you know how send photo from cameras instaled in HC2 by Telegram bot ? I try it to do but I don`t know how. ?

If we  emailed the photo to a service that could provide a url to the photo we could display it in Telegram. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any such service (I looked at IFTTT but couldn't find anything).

Sometimes cameras that you connect to the HC2 has their own service whereas they can upload pictures to somewhere and provide an url. If you can get an URL to the picture (that is visible outside your home) we could send it to the Telegram client.

15 hours ago, Jacek Stark said:

It is possible by using a Telegram bot email. Read about it: 

• Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, FSE said:

It is possible by using a Telegram bot email. Read about it: 

Well, it's because this company (that I don't know) has a server that stores your pictures and forward them to telegram...

...and pictures will appear in their bot session - it's just a notification service.

2 minutes ago, jgab said:

Well, it's because this company (that I don't know) has a server that stores your pictures and forward them to telegram...

...and pictures will appear in their bot session - it's just a notification service.

if you do not like to get their bot, still you can build your own, register telegram bot as fibaro user with email and push to this user email photos from cameras.

I know about metode send photo from server by url. I would like to send photo direct from HC2 using metode meta-data.

• 1 month later...

Hi

There is a problem to use your solution. When I started it first I got message
    [DEBUG] 01:56:23: 2019-09-08 01:56:23.237746 [ fatal] LUA error: /opt/fibaro/scenes/4.lua:18: attempt to index field '_users' (a nil value)

line 18 is first in function _recordUser

Have you any idea?

• Topic Author
  • Maybe, did you turn off _persist ? There is a bug there around ~line 32,. It should be:

Fixed it in original post.

Hi 

thank you for your help

No,  _persist=true in initialization of telegram variable

Also tried your fix, still have same error

[DEBUG] 19:22:35: 2019-09-08 19:22:35.486166 [ fatal] LUA error: /opt/fibaro/scenes/4.lua:18: attempt to index field '_users' (a nil value)

All modifications I did - added my code for command processing

Edited by KovVlad

• Topic Author
  •  

Try

If I use 

with the above change your code works for me, but I guess you have another Telegram server. But it should behave the same?

I'm not an expert on Telegram but try this.

/J

Edited by jgab
    • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jgab said:

Try

Now it works, I think

Great Thanks

Seems that there is problem with my callback function, will fix :)

1 hour ago, jgab said:

If I use 

with the above change your code works for me, but I guess you have another Telegram server. But it should behave the same?

I'm not an expert on Telegram but try this.

Just my proxy, forget

Edited by KovVlad

• 2 weeks later...

JFYI: 

hint

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_09/image.png.88a25dc3249543a5774d9860170adb5d.png" />

Edited by 10der

• 1 year later...

I tryied the Battery Telegram and inserted my api.Token from telegram. I stil get only "operation is cancelled. what dit i do rong? ?

Next error is

[DEBUG] 13:39:06: 2020-11-25 13:39:06.093800 [ fatal] Unknown exception: /usr/share/lua/5.2/json/decode/util.lua:35: unexpected character @ character: 1 0:1 [F] line:
    [DEBUG] 13:39:06: F

can someone help me please, thx

• Topic Author
  • On 11/25/2020 at 1:45 PM, Kage said:

Next error is

[DEBUG] 13:39:06: 2020-11-25 13:39:06.093800 [ fatal] Unknown exception: /usr/share/lua/5.2/json/decode/util.lua:35: unexpected character @ character: 1 0:1 [F] line:
    [DEBUG] 13:39:06: F

can someone help me please, thx

Sorry, it was almos 1.5 years since I wrote this code. I have retired my HC2 and only develop with the HC3 currently.

In the original post I wrote "It's still a bit rough and untested but I post it here if someone wants to play with it and maybe build a more competent bot." - but no one seems to have been interested in developing it further...

I've have started on a Telegram QA for HC3 but not completed it yet as it is not a priority for me at the moment.

Jan,

in your QA I see the messages  tyoed in my Bot in HC3

HC3 shows also Hello 

Cant test further in proces off migration HC3 to HC3 (I hope that it wil solve my problems)

//Sjakie