Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec Doorbell 6 support

qsdom

Question

Hi there,

I was planning to buy a Aeotec Doorbell 6, but as i onderstood from a supplier: it is only possible to use 9 of the 6 tones and it is not possible to adjust the volume with a Fibaro controler (HCL or HC2).

I asked Aeotec why this limitation

Quote Aeotec Inc.

"This is because Fibaro HC2 does not fully support the other mappings of this device, Fibaro will need to further integrate the Doorbell 6 or Siren 6 and support the "Sound Switch" command class to configure sounds and play the 30 separate tones.

We had to remove control over Configuration parameter settings as this conflicts with Z-Wave specifications and requirements for this device to be certified using parameter settings. So all sounds must be controlled via Sound Switch including volume control."

Anyone tips or advise? Another brand or ... wait for Fibaro support!?

• Like 2

• Inquirer
  • Got an e-mail again from Aeotec:

Quote Aeotec Inc.:

"What you could do is program a LUA code to send a BASIC SET command, i don't know if this is possible with LUA but if you can access BASIC SET lua commands, you can push values 1 - 30 from BASIC SET to play sound #1 - #30 as a possibility."

I'm not a programmer so the above sounds complicated.

Found a document which can be helpfull for the Fibaro programmer (attachment)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi and first a happy new year to all.

I have the siren 6 which is apparently identical to the doorbell. As I can see, there is still no solution to change volume of tones or use all variants of 30 sounds. Thanks to @qsdom and the Aoetec specification in post 2, at least I managed it to change the tone of only one! (first device)! I'm really not a expert here and maybe someone can find out more because it's a very laborious and unsatisfied method and does not replace a template from Fibaro.

By the way: Device 1 and 2 have the same sounds in my configuration since added into the controller. So I believe there are only 8 sounds which we can really use at the same time even if there are 9 devices. If you are interested in listening all 30 sounds and choosing one for default for the first device, here you are:

1. Create Parameter like:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_01/image.png.d4372c075c4136412569ee72dda89ce0.png" />

Maybe you have to wait a moment after saving and refresh the browser page.

By the way, value in hex is 0x102 0000 (List loop playback for auto-selecting tone)

image.png.08f11bacfd69913bd2ea80bc0d1274a3.png

2. Now turn one of these devices on:

image.png.0086ce82bc39114d1d0cc9672dfa9876.pngimage.png.16273684dc6e5d4c6cd5b5605762243f.png

Be shure your neighbours can not here you or put the siren into a box or something ?

3. Now all 30 tones are playing in order. Be patient, some lasting longer than the other.

4. If you want a tone as default just stop the device by clicking OFF.

5. Now we have to switch parameter 1 to default again:

16777216 (0x100 0000‬) for single playback or

16842752 (0x101 0000‬) for continuous playback

Changes are on your own risk! Very sad that there is no parameter for volume and we can only change one device! I know this is not the solution we are all waiting for, but there are some nice sounds which are worth listen to. One remembers me on "The Thing" of John Carpenter" ??

Good luck!

22 minutes ago, Michael 1234 said:

I added an Aeotec Zwave USB Stock

Sound switch class has been added into z-wave end of 2017, the latest available SDK for zw300 chip is from march 2017 (and actually only security has been added into it, last changes to command class are from end of 2015). Fibaro HC2 does use zw300, that's why there is no way for things like

2 hours ago, Michael 1234 said:

It would be a simple firmware update by Fibaro to support this configuration. But they don‘t do it....

The way Aeotec support proposed is the only way to configure (all kind) not supported classes, however it will not help to capture events (unless one set lifeline to secondary controller and capture them on it). Anyway, once again, HC2 can not sent anything what the chip (zw300) doesn't know. Yes, one could patch a bit to add manufacturer specific command, or other missuse different (patched) class, but it is much simpler to insert zw500 based stick to pc and set things. Btw., one can insert such zw500 stick into HC2 usb and sent command via Linux shell :P but that's different story.

36 minutes ago, Michael 1234 said:

If needed I can try to document how it works. Aietec support was so kind to teach me

sure, that might be solution (even if only one-time) to at least have the volume reduced.

@qsdom in a couple of months fibaro is launching a new device, fibaro sirene, that also works as a doorbell etc.

So i guess that device also uses sound switch command class..... and then homecenter will know that command class.

• Inquirer
  • thanx for this info, i will wait for this moment then.

+1

Brought the Siren 6 before checking this forum... Sent the configuration to Fibaro support hoping that they will add support ASAP. Will update this if something changes...

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • I got an answer of Fibaro Benelux (freely translated):

"The Aeotec doorbell is on the market for a short while and eventually all functionality will be integrated.

We can't make any pronouncements about when this will happen.

The Fibaro Sirene will in all probability be available next year."

Just bought the Aeotec Doorbell 6, added to Fibaro... You can hardly use it as it is right now. It installs a lot of devices, with zero configuration, templates, etc...

Seems like Fibaro doesn't really care too much about third party Z-Wave devices...

Later edit: sorry, i can't attach files anymore. I receive "Upload Failed" :(

Edited by MonkY

Hello

I’m about to buy some doorbell to integrate with Fibaro. Aeotec is still no go? Or it’s added? 

any alternative? I want two buttons and possibility to turn off siren and switch to led + push. 

Fibaro is still missing the features to support the needed sound class to adjust volumes.

There is only a techie workaround involving a Zwave USB stick and some Zwave low level tools, so not really the way to go. Or you buy an older 5 model from what I heard.

Fibaro still has issues with some standard Zwave features which is sad, as in general the platform is good.

Hi there!

First of all I am very new to smart home and just getting into grips with my hc2 so sry if I misunderstood the topic.

I tried to install die Aeotec Sirene/Doorbell and faced similar problems you mentioned.

I found this workaround which worked for my to use the sirene as an alarm sirene in a ascene.

Please login or register to see this link.

Hope it helps some of you

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 5:47 PM, Pete_LH said:

Hi there!

First of all I am very new to smart home and just getting into grips with my hc2 so sry if I misunderstood the topic.

I tried to install die Aeotec Sirene/Doorbell and faced similar problems you mentioned.

I found this workaround which worked for my to use the sirene as an alarm sirene in a ascene.

Please login or register to see this link.

Hope it helps some of you

Hello @Pete_LH and welcome to the forum,

thanks for the link. Shure interesting for HCL users who can't have lua code in virtual device. For HC2 user it is even much easier. Put following code in each virtual device button for same functionality:

Please login or register to see this code.

I hope we become a solution to change volume and tone in near future from Fibaro by adding the missing command class and a template.

it is not about this specific device, but about complette command class, which is not supported by latest available ZW300 SDK - which means that will get never implemented (unless you replace ZW300 chip by ZW500 and write your own Firmware).

I don‘t think you are right. I manually changed the door bell volumes and sounds by simply adding another Zwave USB controller into my Fibaro Zwave net.

The I installed the Zwave developer tools and could manually configure the doorbells sounds and volume.

It would be a simple firmware update by Fibaro to support this configuration. But they don‘t do it....

1 hour ago, Michael 1234 said:

I don‘t think you are right. 

great, so you added zw300 based secondary controller and changed Parameters via PC Controller software?

I added an Aeotec Zwave USB Stock, paired it via Fibaro into my Zwave network and changed the parameters via Windows software, yes. If needed I can try to document how it works. Aietec support was so kind to teach me