Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Couldn't find devices error while trying to connect Fibaro to Google Home

Bouke

Question

I installed the google home app, and google assistant.

After that I attempted to add the Fibaro Smart Home service, but ended with the notification 'Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection'.

Since I'm be able to connect to my homecenter remotely using the Home Center app, en locally using the Fibaro app, I believe there is nothing wrong with my connection.

When I tell google assistant to talk to Fibaro, It calls Fibaro, resulting in a male voice saying 'I couldn't find any devices'.

When I say 'List all homecenters', it says '1 home center found. Please choose the number from the list. Number 1. HC2-******'

When I say 'number one'.

The male voice replies with 'I had a problem loading your setup names. please try again'

Today I spend most of the day trying al kinds of options to be able to successfully link Fibaro to Google home app, but have no luck so far:

-First I assumed that 'setup names' had something to do with the naming of my sensors and scenes, they where all in Dutch. So I renamed everything to English.

-On the Fibaro site I found that my input language 'English (Dutch)' is not supported, so I changed that to 'English (United States)

-In another blog post someone suggested that the 'couldn't update the setting' error could have something to do with the standard browser used to link Fibaro to Google Home, so I changed the standard browser. between Samsung Internet, Chrome and Firefox.

-I normally use a Galaxy s9+ with android, but also have access to an iPhone7. When I connect the Fibaro service on my iPhone I get the message 'something went wrong. Try again'

-Someone suggested to use the same username and password on the Fibaro ID account and the local account, so I renamed my Fibaro ID username and password to match my local account.

After al this testing I have a few questions:

1. After the 'couldn't update the setting, check your connection' message I am be able to use the command 'Hey Google ask Fibaro, and also get my fibaro listed when I ask to list all home centers.

When I search into my Google Home App, I can't find the Fibaro service.

Does this mean that there is still  some kind of connection made between Google Home and my Home Center?

2.Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong in my settings, causing the 'couldn't update the setting, check your connection' message, and the 'I had a problem loading your setup names. message?

I believe I haven't found any other forum post about the setup names error.

It will be greatly appreciated if someone can point me in the right direction.

1 answer to this question