Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alexa limitation in recognition of Fibaro Block Scenes

jodohl

Question

Hi!

I have struggled for a while to understand why my Alexa Echo Dot will not recognise ALL of my Fibaro Block Scenes (NB None of these are LUA code). After testing a few random hypotheses, I decided to attack the problem systematically. And much to my surprise, I found the following:

My test scene looks like the attached screenshot. The intention of the scene is to turn off all lights and a few devices at night. A total of 9 Off/Set value 0 commands. Only Fibaro dimmers, switches and wall plugs. Whatever I have tried previously, Alexa will not recognise this scene.

Then I did the following: Deleted device blocks one after another from the bottom up. When I reached and deleted #7 ("Coffee"), the scene was suddely recognised. I then added the devices one after another. "Discover devices" (the Alexa command) found the scene every time. Even when I included the last device, i.e. back to EXACT the same block scene as I have initially not been able to get Alexa to recognise.

I did of course also test that Alexa is actually executing the scene. Which she is.

By using this stepwise delete and rebuild procedure, I have been able to get all of my desired scenes up and running with Alexa.

Weird. Ideas anyone?

My test scene

Please login or register to see this attachment.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet